Converted Units from EE2

Refar

Deity
Units converted from Empire Eart 2 by Walter Hawkwood and me.
Just one package for now, but more are planed.

Early Sailing Ships <<< Database Link
PapyrusBoat, Barque, Caravel, Carrack, Holk, Cogge, 3 more Merchant or Cargo Ship variants. Walter Hawkwood made some national texture variants, and some variant textures with different TC layout for some of them - check each units folders, to see what siuts your needs.

All under 1500 Polys (most of them a lot less). 256 Textures. Custom combat animations and damage textures (The later might need some work).
Spoiler :
Artdefines:
fScale 0.20 ~ 0.25 (will be needing adjustment to ship type / mod context / personal taste)
The <NIF> should be the normal *.nif <ShaderNif> the *_FX.nif
Use included animation (KFM) with every unit.
The PapyrusBoat and the WhalingBoat are animated to fire forward, rather than broadside. Use <fExchangeAngle>0.0</fExchangeAngle> to account for this (and probably increase battle distance). Compare the Submarines ArtDefine for reference.

Reserved just in case.
It's late, i hope i did not mess up nothing in the upload...

We first did all the interesting purely sailing units out there. There are also several oar-propelled ones and then there are post-sailing ones; hopefully, our cooperation will continue as fruitfully as before, and you'll see many more of those.

I have updated the animation template for oars, but did not managed to actually finish up a unit before the holydays-crazyness took over, so the oar-propelled ones will take a moment. Maybe next year ;)

Excellent job on the conversion. I've already added the Cogge into RFC Europe where it fills a valuable niche. I also must compliment you on the excellent supporting information and documentation you provide with these ships: a readme with all the useful information necessary to include these units in a mod, some lovely preview pictures, and included buttons. A first-class release all around!

The Civ4 galley look very Viking-long-boat'isch... And we will have another galley variant(s) among the Oar-propelled ships, so maybe a new model could replace the 'basic galley' freeing up the vanilla model for the vikings....

Another - vague related - note: Does anyone know how to get buildings out of Age of Empires 3 converted ? I think we had one or two buildings (Sphinks) a while back, that came from there, but i couldn't figure out how...

I have updated the animation template for oars, but did not managed to actually finish up a unit before the holydays-crazyness took over, so the oar-propelled ones will take a moment. Maybe next year ;)

First of all congratulations to you and Walter for the excellent work you have done :goodjob:

I'm eagerly waiting your next oar-models because none of the forum-existing model of ancient ships got running animations. Except for the Trireme, Galley and Workboat reskins, all other models look sadly still on the sea.
Asap I hope to see animated not-viking-galleys, biremes, quinqueremes, trade barges, merchant ships and so on, in order to revive the ancient sea battles in Civ4 mods.

Keep up your good work!!!

Since there is quite a bit of EE2 content not yet ported I thought I'd try and pick up the trail on this one. I am really interested in the later sailing ships - Frigate, Ship Of the Line, Galleon and Privateer, but there are a lot of other units in there that I don't think have been ported - see Walter's thread.

I've got a decent amount of the way as you can see. I can convert all the texcache files to DDS using NifSkope, but I can't find any meshes for the sails. The only files I can find refering to sails are the texcache which I can convert no problem. I'm hoping Walter can point me in the right direction... :)

On further investigation, it looks like the sails in Empire Earth are added as animations so I'm guessing that you guys modelled the sails yourselves...

Top Bottom