Convincing AI to change Civics and Religion

ongwin

Rebel w/o A Cause
I have a few questions.

1. What is the point of asking the AI to adopt certain civics options?

2. I see the button 'convert' but there are no religions underneath it. There was one game where I founded christianity and I had spread it to the AI cities, but there was no option in the diplomacy for them to convert to my religion.

3. If I have no state religion (free religion) then will I still have the AI religious difference penalty? (We are upset that you have fallen to an inferior religion)

1. Well, in ym game I asked Bismarck to adopt Organized Religion instead of Theocracy so that my missionaries could spread their word (he was Buddhist, I was Christian, and we got along pretty well except for religion). After they spread Christianity all over his empire, bringing me some needed cash, I asked him to convert to it, so we'd be even better buddies from then onwards.

2. I think they need to have at least one city of that religion to convert to it. Maybe you can only convert them to your current state religion as well?

3. No, shouldn't do. Same goes if they have free religion but not you.

1) You get a bonus to relations if you have the same civics as the other civ, especially if they are that leaders favourite civics.

2)Either you haven't got a state religion (No religion or free religion), or they already have the same religion as you

3) No state religion means you have no religious penalties or bonuses. The same is true if the other civ has no state religion

I think no religion should be changed to agnostic or athiest and you get a religious penalty for that as well. ;) Double in fact. hehe But, you should be able to try to spread it also. Would be interesting to see a world of agnostics and athiests where you get PENALTIES if you BUILD Temples and Cathredrals. yeah that'd be kewl. Instead of temples you'd get meeting halls so you could still build some sort of missonary unit to spread your non-faith. ;)

Ravinhood said:
I think no religion should be changed to agnostic or athiest and you get a religious penalty for that as well. ;) Double in fact. hehe But, you should be able to try to spread it also. Would be interesting to see a world of agnostics and athiests where you get PENALTIES if you BUILD Temples and Cathredrals. yeah that'd be kewl. Instead of temples you'd get meeting halls so you could still build some sort of missonary unit to spread your non-faith. ;)
Interesting idea. Maybe you get a religious penalty, but a bonus to science? :D And your universities, observatories, courthouses and libraries serve the same function as temples?

I utterly destroy any civilization that tries to force any religion on me.... sadly they never seem to learn.

Doesn't answer your question but Maksim and MrCynical answered it pretty well :)

You have to have pretty good relations with an AI to be able to convert them. You may also need to have your religion in a majority of their cities too (read somewhere but haven't concretely verified - but it seems that way).

Top Bottom