1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Convoy Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Glorthoron, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Glorthoron

Glorthoron Warlord

Any luck on curing this yet? A little more of me just died. :cry:

2. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Until it gets fixed, just use v34, that's what I'm doing.

3. Glorthoron

Glorthoron Warlord

I experienced the bug on v34. I originally started playing on v30 on Steam, and I didn't experience it. Then it jumped to v34, and thats when I first saw it.

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

for debugging this, it's very important to know when it has started...

@thecivinator58, how many time did you get it on v.35 to v.37 ?

5. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Every game on v35-v37 crashed, I could never get past turn ~40. Meanwhile, I've not gotten one bug yet on v34, I I'm currently in 180 turns with Italy and like 150 with Russia.

6. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

all on the Europe 39-45 large map ?

7. thecivinator58

thecivinator58 Warlord

Yes, all of them are on the Europe 39-45 map.

8. ComradeVolkov

ComradeVolkov Chieftain

I'm having the convoy bug after only a few turns on the giant earth 1936 map. Looking at the log it seems to be a british convoy trying to reach Manchester.

EDIT: I've narrowed the crashes in my game down to the british convoys from Bombay and Perth.

9. Juan King

Juan King Chieftain

I'm not getting it at all, on any version.

In fact v37 is the least buggy version yet :goodjob:

I just wish my machine could cope with the scripted events :(

10. IXJac

IXJac Chieftain

So what specifically triggers the crash? Specifically on the Huge Europe 1939-1945 Scenario map. I've been going to the end turn save and just deleting all the convoys with the IGE whenever it happens, but is there a specific one I should be focusing on?

11. g0ldfinger

g0ldfinger Chieftain

If I understand the problem correctly from all the posts that has been on this crash its the AI's convoys that makes the game crash when there route is blocked but buy something that it dosnt check for when it checks if the route is clear witch is why all you have to do is read the lua find the covoy that caused the crach and move it past the block... no freaking clue why and how to fix it but now you can :) deleting the convoys is a major balancing problem USSR dant stand a chance with out them...

12. IXJac

IXJac Chieftain

If the player, as Germany, is letting any USSR convoys through they're being awfully kind to the AI. Since Soviet convoys have only one route they can take, it's child's play to sink them all with a small U-boat force based out of Narvik.

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Suez is another route for USSR.

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I wish I'd know.

Well no, what I really wish to know is why it doesn't trigger the crash on all computers, would be more easy to correct...

15. Helmut Kohl

Helmut Kohl Chieftain

I have a permanent crash in round 149, during the turn of france (playing germany).
    It´s not the convoy bug. I removed all convoys with IGE.
    If you want to, I could send you the saved game, but I don´t know how to do that.

I had some convoy crashs before entering war, but none after entering war...

16. Nordack

Nordack Chieftain

I have the convoy crash on my current play. I have been attempting to track done where the crash occurs. I am currently on a line of code that I think is calling the SDK, unit:pushMission in the MoveUnitTo method.

Is there some place that I can find the SDK code being used for this project?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

17. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

source is here: https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ5-DLL/tree/RED

it's further in the code, look in CvUnitMission::ContinueMission in CvUnitMission.cpp

more precisely I think it's something called in the condition block starting by

Code:
    if (pkMissionData->eMissionType == CvTypes::getMISSION_MOVE_TO() && !hUnit->IsDoingPartialMove() && hUnit->canMove() && hUnit->m_unitMoveLocs.size() == 0)

18. PanzerVI

PanzerVI Chieftain

How did you removed convoys using IGE? I'm a noob at this. Can you post instructions on how to use IGE in game. I can't delete the convoy using shift+right click

19. Helmut Kohl

Helmut Kohl Chieftain

OK, I play a german version, but i´ll try to explain.
    First, start the game with the IGE (in game editor-mod, you must download this mod).
    Start the IGE by clicking on "IGE" on top of your monitor.
    Click on "edit - citys and units", then leftclick on any unit you want to delete, transport or whatever and do that!