Cool Models for REF

PrinzMyshkin

Warlord
Checking Oleg's models today, I realised the "16th light cavalry regiment dragoon" and the "4th regiment of foot soldier" models are probably the best REF models at the moment.

Dale, I would suggest to replace the imperial musketman and dragoon with these two. Alternatively they could replace the blue musketman and dragoon, as they are far superior. Admittedly playing with them is addictive...

I am also attaching a screeny.

Source: Oleg's Models

Attachments

• REF models.JPG
    REF models.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 231
Nice! But would be better if the coat was player colour instead of fixed.

Easy fix. I've edited the original and checked how they did it.

All we need is set the main color transparent. I can do it for you, if you like.

Want me to have a go?

I think I can also replace the early australian flag with the union jack. Are you interested in that one?

Yup, it works. Graph attached. Pity cause the beautiful shadows on their jacket disappear. Rest are fine.

Orginal Oleg models look more beautiful though! ;)

Ever consider replacing the ordinary colonial army? Or what if the models get replaced on DoI? Shame if this puffy King has cooler looking army than ours. :D

Also added some "original orginal dragoons" to compare... Utterly sucky in my eyes. :scan:

PS If you guys like it, I can always do it more carefully. You may still see some red pixels. ;)
PS 2 How on earth do I position a regular in musketman mode, and a veteran soldier in dragoon mode with the WB?

Attachments

• Dragoons.JPG
    Dragoons.JPG
    433.1 KB · Views: 263
  • OriginalDragoons.JPG
    OriginalDragoons.JPG
    400.6 KB · Views: 220
That looks AWESOME! I'd love to get that into 1.09 if you want to go ahead with that. :)

These look really nice. Hats off to Oleg on his work, PrinzMyshkin for finding them and Dale for adding them.

Thank you guys! :D

If it's gonna be included in v1.09, I will have to sit and clean them very carefully. We don't want sloppy stuff in AoD II. ;)

I may check more models, while Kaib is editting my Europe screen.

I'm hoping the Aussie leaderheads can be made 3D later. Would certainly finish off the Civ perfectly I think.

I'll get to that eventually. That will be quite the learning curve, as I have never had to deal with 3D models with rigging before. If someone else wants to do it first, go ahead. Just know that it would only be for this mod, as I am developing all custom assets for my mod myself.

I suggest, the following:

1. Replace the Australian leaderheads with other already made.

Check in the DB there are plenty available.

2. Replace early Australian flag with the union jack.
The Imperial Australian flag should be replaced with the Crown.

I am happy to do both of these myself.

PS Also need to organise a bit some files.

eg.

The folders:

X:\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08\Assets\Art\Leaderheads
X:\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08\Assets\Art\Interface

Both contain the same file "btn_lh_england_victoria.dds"

Should move into: X:\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08\Assets\Art\Interface\Leaderheads

Too many leaderhead folders makes it a pain to track!

Also the folder X:\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08\Assets\Art\Units\swordsman

Seems no longer in use.

The folders:
X:\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08\Assets\Art\Interface\TeamColor
X:\Colonization II\Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII_1.08\Assets\Art\Civs\Russia

Both contain flags! Again makes it hard to track.

Saying this if we fix the imperial army, I also suggest:

1. They get a 50% settlement strength; same as veteran soldiers. Currently they have only a 25% settlement attack.

2. They get their combat values upped to 4 for Musketmen and 5 for Dragoons.

3. They get no terrain defensive bonuses, other than settlement defence 50%.

This is to reflect the lack of country knowledge of the Imperial Army. Also Europeans were not adapt to unorthodox war tactics, which happened in large scale in the American war of independence. In North America battle lines were simply impossible to manage in the dense woodlands, and largely pointless against the native tribes!

4. We create a new upgrade called "Colonial Army Elite". Veterans of Independence War can now gain improved combat stats though combat and also new model graphics.

Combat values upgraded to 4 for Musketmen and 5 for Dragoons.

This is to reflect the efforts George Washington to transform an unreliable and ill-disciplined army of peasants to a well-organised army.

Australia with union jack, as an early flag.

Interested in this one?

Credits should go to veBear, Younflancy, Petabyte and Liambane. Not sure who did what, so I mentioned them all. Better safe than sorry! :D

Best Australia in town! :D :D :D

Attachments

• PreAustralia_Union_Jack.JPG
    PreAustralia_Union_Jack.JPG
    445.4 KB · Views: 278
lol, not yet :( yesterday got all taken up by work and my girlfriend. I'll do something when I get back this afternoon tho :)

Transparent models attached. :)

Let me know if you have any prob.

When I tried these out it looks like you have omitted one of the dds files for the dragoons. There should one dragoon dds and one horse dds, like in Oleg's version:

Veteran_Dragoon_DIFF256.dds
Vet_Dragoon_Horse_DIFF256.dds

I reckon these should be used for both the colonial and king's armies.

If you unzip the dragoon you will find two files inside...

Replace the imperial musketman and imperial dragoon to have updated files. Please make sure you backup your old files. :)

Top Bottom