Cool pictures ι: Do not disturb my circles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressive.

It's certainly distinctive.
Deserts in the southern hemisphere tend to be red like that. Not that it doesn't happen in the North but in the south even the non-desert regions tend to have red dirt. The Southern hemisphere did not have nearly as much glaciation through the ice ages which 'refresh' the soil by grinding down the bedrock and mixing in new minerals. Without that, a lot of the minerals are leached out by rain over time leaving mostly iron oxide (rust).

It's very beautiful!

This 2 year old picture shows you a more extensive version of the Toronto skyline than usual. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to exist in a higher resolution anywhere, even on the photographer's website and social media accounts.

This does not include the North York part of the skyline I don't think, it might just be out of view to the right. Most of the skyline basically follows Yonge Street (Canada's longest road IIRC), it starts by the lake and it goes north, with a subway line, etc. It's really stretched out, and does not even include other parts, but anyway, most of what you usually see is the lake shot, which is a small part of it.

Formula One driver Sir Jackie Stewart wears a "helmet cam", circa 1966.

That must have put a lot of extra tension on his neck while cornering...

This 2 year old picture shows you a more extensive version of the Toronto skyline than usual. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to exist in a higher resolution anywhere, even on the photographer's website and social media accounts.

This does not include the North York part of the skyline I don't think, it might just be out of view to the right. Most of the skyline basically follows Yonge Street (Canada's longest road IIRC), it starts by the lake and it goes north, with a subway line, etc. It's really stretched out, and does not even include other parts, but anyway, most of what you usually see is the lake shot, which is a small part of it.

Looks like it was taken in the vicinity of Todmorden mills.

If it hasn't already, that face is gonna get meme'd, fo' sho'...

Only question is how many minutes it'll take...

Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom