Cool Pictures 11: If You're Cool And You Know It Clap Your Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
unedited photo of a fire in my friend's backyard around New Years

20190103_233058.jpg
Spoiler :
20190103_233058.jpg

I just assumed that it was a surreal photoshop job.

It is a long exposure photo. The circles are caused by sky rotation along many hours. However i can imagine what kind of sky could cause such colored patron. Probably it is heavily photoshopped.

That's pretty neat.

Art can change things, including attitudes.

Is that in Thessalonike somewhere? The "Premium Kiosk" writing is rather throwing me off.

I like the way the artist used the black water stain to emphasize the light ray.

It is a long exposure photo. The circles are caused by sky rotation along many hours. However i can imagine what kind of sky could cause such colored patron. Probably it is heavily photoshopped.
All the star-arcs cover about 90°, so the exposure was about 6 hours long. Even with a really small aperture, that's a lot of time for light to hit the sensor/film -- and of course stars emit in many different colours (even if we can't always distinguish them with the naked eye). Also, if it was taken in e.g. northern Norway, there might also have been some interference from the aurora borealis.

Cool photo anyway.

No because the trucks have to be empty so that they are balanced. If they had supplies in the back the centre of gravity would be shifted backward and then the jack would just lift the front wheels.
This. And with the right amount of fuel.

So an useless stunt.

No because the trucks have to be empty so that they are balanced. If they had supplies in the back the centre of gravity would be shifted backward and then the jack would just lift the front wheels.
Even if they have to shift the weight around or even temporary unload it could still be useful, no?

No they have a reverse gear for a reason.
Sure but reversing for long distances is very awkward. Let's say the convoy has to turn on a narrow-ish road without any possibility of a Uey. It's very very situational sure, but it could work.

So you have a convey of trucks they come to a road block. The drivers decide to unload so they can "spin around". They are attacked but can not move because of all the stuff stacked between them. I would prefer to reverse rather than trap myself.
They're not under attack but the road is ahead is bombed or something. Reversing back would be super tedious. Convoy does it's spin trick and hey presto, dumplings are back on the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom