Cool Pictures 11: If You're Cool And You Know It Clap Your Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we don't know how deep down she is. But it's unlikely to be far, as she's only wearing a lightweight googles. The trick then would not be to go to the bottom and stand there, but to maneuver into place and get the shot off quickly. And probably try it several times until the timing is perfect.

But it's unlikely to be far, as she's only wearing a lightweight googles.
Ooh, ooh, triggered!

No, she's wearing a pretty standard-looking diving-(half)mask. ;)

If it was (swimming) goggles, you'd be absolutely right: goggles aren't a practical option >2-3 m (6-10 ft) below the surface, because the internal airspaces can't be equalised against the water pressure. But since it's a mask, which encloses her nose, that doesn't apply: scuba-divers doing trimix-dives routinely use such masks at depths of 100+ m (unless they've bought a fancy full-face mask which allows gas-switching).

That said, using a 2-lens mask with an opaque black skirt is quite unusual: most underwater photographers prefer a model (especially such an attractive one!) to wear a single-lens mask with clear/translucent seals, so that her face is more visible. Like this one:

Figure-8 shaped lens

Or (possibly even better, from a photographer's PoV) this one:

Oval lens (retro style, modern materials)

I'm guessing that's a modded environment, because that doesn't look like Azura's temple.

It's Melchior's Lyithdonea, 9-10 years in the making by a single person. Only in the past couple of years soliciting help for making interiors and such.

I've been considering trying to contribute to either this or the even more amazing Tamriel Rebuilt project. Lyithdonea, for the time right now, seems more focused on the purely graphical aspect of awe, while TR is putting huge effort into making an expanded Morrowind, integrating the main quest into the mainland and having vanilla-like guilds and factions.

To me, contributing to Lyithdonea just seems a bit more accessible. You can grab a single house, decorate it and make a story. And the guy who made it is a giant in the general morrowind modding scene.

I'm just to slow at doing anything when it comes to Morrowind modding, honestly. I guess it's a plus that the game is so old with a small scene in that regard though, I can take my time.

I technically qualify as an "established modder" on the Nexus, as the smattering of Morrowind mods that I made 10+ years ago have collectively netted me over 1000 unique downloads. Not very interesting, but true. :)

I technically qualify as an "established modder" on the Nexus, as the smattering of Morrowind mods that I made 10+ years ago have collectively netted me over 1000 unique downloads. Not very interesting, but true. :)

I wrote a Morrowind fan fiction that has had over 150,000 hits, as long as we're discussing stature in the Morrowind community. :)

I wasn't claiming to be anyone important, you know. :)

I wasn't claiming to be anyone important, you know. :)

Me neither. I mean, ultimately the biggest wheel in the entire Morrowind community is...still in the Morrowind community.

If you look closely you can see Cutlass at his computer in one of the high rises! He is uploading images to this thread.

If anyone is interested, the city is Shanghai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom