Cool Pictures 12: "Every picture tells a story!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seventy variations of the hammer and sickle, from various times and places:

Some of these looks somewhat like "Brotherhood of Steel" flags (namely : Angola , USA and Turkey), while GDR's looks like a "Free Mason's" emblem.

What is it with Greeks and "Cthulhu-like octopi" adorned vases ? :lol: ;)

Probably the vessel was used to store food, including seafood. That would be my guess anyway...
Or it could just be decorative.

Btw, the plural of octopus is octopodes. -pus here is "pous", which means leg.

Last edited:
And octo - means eight , I get it ;)
Well the Ancient Greeks must have been very fond of them . It's no wonder, Octopus...es ? Octopodes are after all very intelligent creatures. I saw some experiments showing that they can mimic each other movements in order to open a containers with food , in other words they can learn from each other.
One day , when Im rich Im gonna have a pet Octopus colony in a huge aquarium ! :)

My sister in law does voice acting, with a studio in her basement. To cut down on background noise, when I'm there, I've been taking my nieces for drives. Last week, we drove 2 hours into the highlands northwest of Montreal. We finally found a nice place to stop, have lunch, and take some pictures. I bushwhacked in a skirt through some underbrush to find good angles. My ankles got all scratched up, one of them bleeding from slipping on a rock. I picked my lenses, got my tripod set up, mounted my camera, and went to take some preliminary shots: no SD card in camera.

So here's some disappointment from my cell phone:

20200813_190447.jpg
20200813_190533.jpg

20200813_184923.jpg
20200813_190617.jpg

It's been hot here in Japan lately.
Sometimes, the mind wanders.
Of all history, mankind's history,
What stands out to you?
An event? A place? An invention?
The Napoleonic wars? The discovery of the New World?
The Golden Gate Bridge? The Pyramids?
The steam engine? The computer?
Maybe all of them,
Maybe none of them,

Spoiler but probably not this one :
norris.jpg

Chuck Norris' political manifesto.

Danger.

I suppose this would have been how the ants I used as sailors, in their shampoo-bottle-lid ships battling in the sink, when I was 9 years old, would have seen me if they could actually see anything in an anthropic manner.

Anyway, the drawing is Danger, by Alfred Kubin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom