Cool Pictures 14: no , it wasn't me who painted Mona Lisa

The AI-detector site is giving it a 98% rating, that's to say highly likely to contain AI-generated content.

Look at the inconsistent and incoherent labelling on the bottles, the armless man on the left, the wheelchair-ridden man to his right sitting obstructed by a bicycle for some reason, and the world's weirdest bicycle on the right of the child. All else aside, something about the child's expression and stance was already screaming 'AI' to me
It was always a possibility ^^
Still very cool, and even cooler to imagine it could had been real.

It was always a possibility ^^
Still very cool, and even cooler to imagine it could had been real.
That it it is.

What I find even cooler, if it is AI-generated, is that the AI had to have an idea of what bottles look like and an idea of what a scorpion looks like, and then to reconcile those two ideas in a way that looks realistic, plausible and creative, which is an extremely impressive feat for an unthinking algorithm or machine

240411180313-19-week-in-photos-041124.jpg

A house partially hangs over a cliff edge in Trimingham, England, on Monday, April 8, following rapid coastal erosion.

The east coast is particularly prone to coastal erosion, though the size of the country doesn't actually change that much, as much of the eroded soil ends up being washed up on the west coast (if I remember my geography lessons correctly).

The east coast is particularly prone to coastal erosion, though the size of the country doesn't actually change that much, as much of the eroded soil ends up being washed up on the west coast (if I remember my geography lessons correctly).
Do they evacuate people in these places, or let them take their chances?

I don't know the details involved in home ownership issues, but houses that are in imminent risk of subsidence due to cliff erosion are stripped down as much as possible and the inhabitants put up elsewhere.

Baby Elephant in Indonesia sheltering under its mom.

Baby elephant in Indonesia.jpg

enough with weakling depictions of the AniMaL kiNGdoM!

21-04-2024a.jpg

21-04-2024b.jpg

22-04-2024c.jpg

It wants my contact information. Are there any others that don't want a person's information just for a demo?
It does sound excessive, but a good place to start would be to see where the website is hosted. If the website's host seems reasonable toward privacy, check the privacy policy to see how your data would get used. In this case, it appears that Amazon is the website's host and I would suggest immediately giving up on sharing your personal information with such a leading Surveillance Capitalist.
Spoiler :
hivemoderation.com
Record Type: A
IP Address, Owner Name, Resolved Name
18.173.205.78, AMAZON-CF, server-18-173-205-78.fra56.r.cloudfront.net
18.173.205.113, AMAZON-CF, server-18-173-205-113.fra56.r.cloudfront.net
18.173.205.95, AMAZON-CF, server-18-173-205-95.fra56.r.cloudfront.net
18.173.205.61, AMAZON-CF, server-18-173-205-61.fra56.r.cloudfront.net

Okay, let's see if I can find an image. It was in a Deity Game of the Month game a few months back as Montezuma (light green). Mehmed (dark green)'s army showed up in my core territory on his was to attack the remainder of Alexander (light blue)'s Cities. Mehmed was the tech leader and was soon on his way to unlocking a Unit upgrade from Knights to Cuirassiers. He also had Huayna (yellow) as his Vassal.
The following composite screenshot represented a huge wake-up call, with a stack of Mehmed's 109 Units plus other smaller stacks that would soon become unstoppable with the Deity AI's nearly free Unit upgrades.
HereditaryRule.png

With a massive logistical repositioning of my troops, additional Drafting and Whipping of troops, desperate tech trades, nearly unheard of whipping of Castles in border Cities, and cashing in on a Great Merchant which I'd been saving for use with a Golden Age, I managed to declare war on Mehmed and take down his armies while they were caught in the fields.
My border Cities held their own for a few turns before I lost two of them in a counter-attack, but due to having focused on building Cultural Buildings in those Cities in prior turns, they stayed in Revolt with nearby Cultural Borders still owned by me for long enough for me to retake the Cities, despite facing higher-tech Units. I earned a Cease Fire with no territorial losses and took some diplomatic penalties, but the toughest opponent's military forces had been decimated in the process.

And every damn time I highlight a sentence now, no matter who wrote it, up pops this obnoxious thing called Copilot that seems overly eager to rewrite what I've highlighted. I'd love to make that thing go away.
I no longer see a way to upload a file, such as a ZIP file, to the CFC forums. Do the forums no longer support such file uploads? Anyway, you can create your own Windows Registry file. Put the text which is inside of the spoiler tags into a file and give the file a name with a REG file extension, such as DisableCoPilot.reg
You would likely have to be logged in as an Administrator account on Windows to use the file, or perhaps you might get by with knowing the Username and Password of an Administrator account. Double-clicking on the file that you make should give you a couple of warning prompts that you will choose to accept and the changes will get merged into your Windows Registry.
Spoiler :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot]
"TurnOffWindowsCopilot"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsCopilot]
"TurnOffWindowsCopilot"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"ShowCopilotButton"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search]
"EnableDynamicContentInWSB"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]
"HubsSidebarEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer]
"DisableSearchBoxSuggestions"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer]
"DisableSearchBoxSuggestions"=dword:00000001

Sources:
https://forum.oo-software.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=6582
https://medium.com/@dbilanoski/how-...-everybody-is-getting-these-days-923df14c3345
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/completely-disable-and-remove-copilot-in-windows-11.23264/

Also, see the other thread for a link that suggests "alternative options" so that you might find a better web browser to get away from Edge:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-surveillance-expansion.689324/#post-16596079

Last edited:
Moderator Action: Back to interesting pictures please

Top Bottom