Cool Pictures III: Bringing Gladness to a Weary Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, he's not being praised. He's just being pursued by the media. Those people directly in front of Obama are not holding up their hands in adulation. They're journalists simply trying to get attention (in addition to holding up microphones).

Obama is being linked to the reckless finance that chains everyone together down (it's a Wall Street reference). And this is why the Tea Party signs make sense. The people are disillusioned with this president and want to go back to the way America was before (presumably not run by Wall Street corporations and mad money [but we all know that this would require a return to pre-Venetian banking]).

All the clapping sinister world leaders behind symbolise that Obama is, as mayor says, a conspirator/ruining the USA/keeping his people in chains. Which is why they're so happy.

The artist, however, lost me at the rooster.

Actually, he's not being praised. He's just being pursued by the media. Those people directly in front of Obama are not holding up their hands in adulation. They're journalists simply trying to get attention (in addition to holding up microphones).
True but he is basking in light wich suggest he is being praised or at least thinks so.
Obama is being linked to the reckless finance that chains everyone together down (it's a Wall Street reference). And this is why the Tea Party signs make sense. The people are disillusioned with this president and want to go back to the way America was before (presumably not run by Wall Street corporations and mad money [but we all know that this would require a return to pre-Venetian banking]).
Yeah... better said than I did :)
The artist, however, lost me at the rooster.
I do believe it has to do with a wake-up call... or at least a passing into a new time with Obama gone.

Alice in chains? ;)
You got me seriously doubting for a minute there :lol:
I didn't realize that Rooster is a song by them so I was searching hard for a connection between Alice in Chains and the picture :p

Just found this one as well.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/con...new-work-tells-enslaved-americans-to-wake-up/
Politics Painting of Obama Trampling Constitution Resurfaces, Artist‘s New Work Tells ’Enslaved‘ Americans to ’Wake Up!’

Some may already be familiar with the image featured above. For those who aren’t, it is painting titled “The Forgotten Man” which features President Obama trampling on the Constitution while an astonished James Madison pleads with him to stop. To the side, a man sits on a park bench in the throes of depression while 43 presidents look on. The painting, which uses discarded dollar bills and scraps of paper with individual constitutional amendments scrawled onto them.
Look which presidents are applauding the trampling off the constitution and which are concerned about the man on the bench. Christ on a bicycle :lol:

About the other picture:
We are enslaved to our debt. Wake up, America! Before it is too late…

Every man, woman and child in America is enslaved to the national debt. As an artist, I have painted my vision of the dire circumstances that surround us. Now, more than ever, each American must make a choice: we must unlock the shackles that enslave us, or will we lose our freedom. It is my hope and prayer that America will “wake up” before it is too late.

:D

See that man sitting on the bench? That's a sad job-creator :(

True but he is basking in light wich suggest he is being praised or at least thinks so.

Makes sense to me. Spotlights and flashiness are a niche area of expertise for the media.

I do believe it has to do with a wake-up call... or at least a passing into a new time with Obama gone.

Hmm... That's a possibility...

Oh, and did anyone notice the fact that the rooster is on the far right of the painting? :D

Makes sense to me. Spotlights and flashiness are a niche area of expertise for the media.
hmm.. yeah but look at how he stands.. he is enjoying the attention.. which could also be interpreted as if he is enjoying the "suffering" off course...
Hmm... That's a possibility...

Oh, and did anyone notice the fact that the rooster is on the far right of the picture? :D
yeah, a wake up call by the right wingers.

and how about the left wingers grabbing for money ;)

Spoiler :
Spoiler :

Just found this one as well.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/con...new-work-tells-enslaved-americans-to-wake-up/
Look which presidents are applauding the trampling off the constitution and which are concerned about the man on the bench. Christ on a bicycle :lol:

About the other picture:

:D

See that man sitting on the bench? That's a sad job-creator :(

These are some of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Whoever made these must be a truly pathetic person.

Unmoderated comments on politically-charged subjects generally reveal much of what is corrupt and unmentionable in human society today.

$10 the painter's self inserted himself as the heroic John Galt crying on his homeless person's bench, and about to hack his own leg off with a hacksaw. i think a real objectivist however would have just go coyote on it and bit his leg off.

I like it, but it would've been better with sad Keanu on the bench.

"We are one nation under God". Well, maybe, but only in the last sixty years or so. Religiuos fervour doesn't respect history, it seems.

So anyone who believes in God must believe in the Devil and the US Constitution was inspired by God? The second might very well have been true, but the first is demonstrably false.

Hey, this isn't a political soapbox, guys. Take it to OT proper or the Political Cartoons thread.

"An odd-eyed cat is a cat with one blue eye and one green, yellow, or brown eye. This is a feline form of complete heterochromia, a condition also present in humans and some other animals (including horses and huskies)."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom