Cool Pictures XIII: Artistry is Everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
Previous threads:

Wow. This is the first time I've ever done the OP for the picture thread. This time around, folks, it would be nice if you could include some information about the pictures you post - where it is, who the people/animals are, what activity or event is happening, that sort of thing.

For the first picture of the new thread, let's go with one of my favorite subjects:

emperor-penguin-chick-first-dive.jpeg

This baby Emperor penguin chick is just a few months old, and is taking its first dive into the water.

What/where are we looking at?

The city I live in, of course. What else? ^_^
From the OP:

Valka D'Ur said:
This time around, folks, it would be nice if you could include some information about the pictures you post - where it is, who the people/animals are, what activity or event is happening, that sort of thing.
To me, your pictures looks like a city, and knowing your posting habits, I assumed it was a Greek city. But I didn't know which one.

I like to know what the pictures are about, in this thread. Or at least why people choose the ones they choose to post. Just call me curious about such things, and it's a learning opportunity for all of us.

From the picture, it looks like the buildings are mostly of a similar height. Is that true, or just an optical illusion?

This is a weird one, but I think it is cool - The birth of a crystal the first-ever atomic-resolution video of salt crystals forming in real time.

Spoiler What is going on :

The Three Sisters, one of my favorite mountains. My grandmother made several paintings of it for family and friends, through the years. I've only ever seen it myself during the summer, so when someone posted this recent photo on CBC, I had to snag it:

three-sisters-in-winter-2021.jpeg

My grandparents and I passed by here every summer on the way to the cabin on Okanagan Lake in British Columbia, and often stopped at the campground. This is near Canmore, Alberta, between Calgary and Banff along the Trans-Canada Highway.

They were just the cars of the day. Big steel boxes on wheels. There weren't very many on the roads by today's standards and people drove slower.

What is it?

Spoiler Actually :
It is a poodle running towards the camera

I thought that it was a person running away from the camera.

I thought that it was a person running away from the camera.
Yeah, at first i saw someone with messy hair and a backpack. Once I found out what it was I could only see that.

Yeah, at first i saw someone with messy hair and a backpack. Once I found out what it was I could only see that.

Interesting. I actually never saw the person - before Arakh mentioned it. I just saw the dog.
I'd like to think I unconsciously picked up the impossibly bent leg, so I didn't have to consciously examine this as a person, but I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom