Cool Pictures XIII: Artistry is Everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet she has bobby pins holding that hat on her head.

cell phone circa 1968 something , apparently from 2001 the Movie ...

View attachment 623952

certainly comes with a camera , and ı think there is a microphone .

Makes tomorrow look like yesterday!

I can't see a Q on the keyboard (although parts of the photo are a bit blurry for me).

This image won the World Press Photo Of The Year award. Titled, Kamloops Residential School, shows red dresses hung on crosses along a roadside commemorate children who died at the Kamloops Indian Residential School, an institution created to assimilate Indigenous children, following the detection of as many as 215 unmarked graves, Kamloops, British Columbia, June 19, 2021

This image won the World Press Photo Of The Year award. Titled, Kamloops Residential School, shows red dresses hung on crosses along a roadside commemorate children who died at the Kamloops Indian Residential School, an institution created to assimilate Indigenous children, following the detection of as many as 215 unmarked graves, Kamloops, British Columbia, June 19, 2021
That was quite a shock when it hit the news. It took five days for the miserable cow who is my province's Minister of Education to muster a token expression of "thoughts and prayers." She's one of those who thinks that residential schools were good.

Other unmarked graves were found at other sites as well. There are four former residential school sites in my riding, and my MLA is the aforementioned Minister of Education. So far no unmarked graves have been found, but once they start looking, it would not surprise me if they found some.

I've worn a pillbox hat before. You stich a comb into your hat to secure it to your hair.
I would never have thought of that. That's some MacGyver [stuff]. :lol:

I would never have thought of that. That's some MacGyver [stuff]. :lol:
Some hats come with a clip built-in from when you buy it. This is a hat I bought for my friend's wedding:

dBxjsn5HSmeWMEAcPnqUew.jpg

Oh so British!

We've had many example of "Artistry is Everywhere" , so here's one of "Artistry is where it shouldn't be".
londonathens.png

N.B. the caryatids are wearing flat hats that are not as elaborate as MaryKB's.

Okay, then, since you're into "hat culture", can you explain why some women wear hats on the side of their heads instead of on the top? Or WTF was one of Prince Andrew's daughters thinking with that bizarre thing she wore to one of the royal weddings? And why Camilla's hats are three times larger than the Queen's? Sometimes they look like the result of a transporter accident between an oversize farmer's hat, a sombrero, and several species of birds' feathers.

Actually, the Queen's hats have been nice and basic in recent years. Same basic shape, dye it in the color of whatever dress or coat she's going to wear, and be done. It make her look very elegant.

Okay, then, since you're into "hat culture", can you explain why some women wear hats on the side of their heads instead of on the top? Or WTF was one of Prince Andrew's daughters thinking with that bizarre thing she wore to one of the royal weddings? And why Camilla's hats are three times larger than the Queen's? Sometimes they look like the result of a transporter accident between an oversize farmer's hat, a sombrero, and several species of birds' feathers.

Actually, the Queen's hats have been nice and basic in recent years. Same basic shape, dye it in the color of whatever dress or coat she's going to wear, and be done. It make her look very elegant.
I don't know all of those examples, can you share pictures? I don't really follow the royals much.

Hats are like any other accessory: how you wear it depends on your style and the item. Some hats (fascinators) are meant to be worn more to the side of your head.

My hat specifically was for a wedding where I am to be a bridesmaid. Our dresses are navy. I bought a shawl to go with it, and I also have over-the-elbow cream colored velvet gloves to match my shoes. I have a navy handbag too, and I'll wear sapphire jewelry. The wedding is going to be October 2023 (it keeps getting pushed back due to COVID)

I don't know all of those examples, can you share pictures? I don't really follow the royals much.
Dunno how well this link might work, but it leads to Camila Parker-Bowle's hats. Or some of them, at least. With some of her hats I get the impression that she grabbed some straw and stuck it on her head, or glued a bunch of shredded paper together. In some cases I'm wondering what animal is nesting on her head.

Here's the photo of Princess Eugenie (at William & Kate's wedding) that had people wondering WTF was she thinking? It looks like a beige toilet seat with a ribbon stuck to it.

eugenie-wedding-hat.jpg

In my search for these two, I found even more weird stuff. You can't even see faces under some of those hats.

Yeah, that's not something I'd likely choose to wear lol!

Um... sum moar kittehs needed to play dis, aifinkso...

kitten-playing-cello.jpg

Epic allure … Oil Bunkering #9, Niger Delta, Nigeria, Africa, 2016.

I should have bought this plaque before it was sold out. It's absolutely true:

chocolate-counts-as-salad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom