Cool Pictures XIII: Artistry is Everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drew this for Evoke 2022, a German demoparty taking place this weekend in Köln that celebrates retro tech & media

I entered it in the One Screen PC ANSI/ASCII compo, which saw 16 submissions total from artists visiting the event as well as submitting remotely (like me)

Those who assemble at the demoparty vote on the winners in this and many other categories tomorrow. All the entries are shown on a large screen @ the venue throughout the weekend. There are many computer demos shown, pixel art, retro music played, etc. Some of this is streamed live on Twitch and elsewhere. Here is the live stream

wa-DuneMessiah.png

This probably belongs elsewhere, but tbh I am proud of my last minute entry, drawn with poison ivy hands, after I returned early from a camping trip due to the poison Ivy.. and who looks in that other thread anyway.. but if it does belong elsewhere, by any means move it, I won't mind either way, I'm still way too distracted dealing with this stuipd poison ivy breakout

My hands are doing a bit better, but I still have many blisters and breakouts on my hands and other parts of my body. It hasn't been fun, but I seem to be over the worst of it

Here are all the entries I am competing against. Only those attending are allowed to vote, so we'll see what happens! If 200 drunk German nerds like Dune, I might just have a shot at a top 5 finish

For a cool pic that's a bit more on topic, this is what the main staging area of Evoke 2022 looks like in person

abenteuerhallenkalk.jpg

Last edited:
I drew this for Evoke 2022, a German demoparty taking place this weekend in Köln that celebrates retro tech & media

I entered it in the One Screen PC ANSI/ASCII compo, which saw 16 submissions total from artists visiting the event as well as submitting remotely (like me)

Those who assemble at the demoparty vote on the winners in this and many other categories tomorrow. All the entries are shown on a large screen @ the venue throughout the weekend. There are many computer demos shown, pixel art, retro music played, etc. Some of this is streamed live on Twitch and elsewhere. Here is the live stream

View attachment 636210

This probably belongs elsewhere, but tbh I am proud of my last minute entry, drawn with poison ivy hands, after I returned early from a camping trip due to the poison Ivy.. and who looks in that other thread anyway.. but if it does belong elsewhere, by any means move it, I won't mind either way, I'm still way too distracted dealing with this stuipd poison ivy breakout

My hands are doing a bit better, but I still have many blisters and breakouts on my hands and other parts of my body. It hasn't been fun, but I seem to be over the worst of it

Here are all the entries I am competing against. Only those attending are allowed to vote, so we'll see what happens! If 200 drunk German nerds like Dune, I might just have a shot at a top 5 finish

For a cool pic that's a bit more on topic, this is what the main staging area of Evoke 2022 looks like in person

View attachment 636212
This version of Dune seems popular all over the place (going by the Lynch vs. Villeneuve arguments I get into on YT; shouldn't be hard to guess which side I'm on, plus defending the miniseries), so you should have a shot.

This brings up a question: I wonder if Leto II ever allowed poison ivy to grow on Arrakis in God Emperor of Dune, or the Bene Gesserit on the planets they took over in Heretics and Chapterhouse?

Moderator Action: this is not a Dune thread. Birdjaguar.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Boston Ivy, but i could be wrong.

Ivy on house.jpg

A photo taken near the home of someone on one of my FB groups:

creek-peaceful-fb-wonders-of-nature.jpg

Clarification: Her photo, not mine. I don't even know where this is, but it does look lovely and peaceful and somewhere I would very much like to be right now.

Jean planters.jpg

Nature TTL Photographer of the Year

The overall winner is a little graphic, so I have spoilered it below. I like this one:

‘Top of the World’ by Sascha Fonseca, Germany
Spoiler Overall Winner, A Cat and Its Prize (a little graphic) :

Spoiler More I like :

‘Ice Bear’ by Geoffrey Reynaud, France

‘Autumn Lights’ by Ivan Pedretti, Italy

‘A Moment of Wilderness’ by Matt Engelmann

‘The Astonishing’ by Mauro Tronto, Italy

octopus.jpg

Chicago

Chicago.jpg

Chicago?

A Chinstrap Penguin heading down for a swim:

chinstrap-penguin1.jpg

I wonder how well animals "learn" of these bridges.
The fencing alongside the road is intended to funnel them towards it.

We pass under at least a half-dozen such bridges on our usual route through the Netherlands to/ from (the UK-ferry port at) Hoek von Holland, but I've always wondered how those structures cope over the longer term, with the pressures induced by e.g. growing tree roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom