Cops beat innocent man to death in front of family

Well, I think it goes without saying that any video made by the police should be turned over to the defense attorneys in their entirety.

It has been my experience that law enforcement hands over such video as late into the prosecution game as possible, if at all.

Thank goodness. I was beginning to be worried that this thread would consist of universal condemnation of this unnecessary brutality.

And thank goodness there's no rush to judgement...

This is not a Rodney King video - we don't see a single blow from the police here. The violence is implied. Presumably an autopsy will provide evidence. I don't doubt there was violence, but we don't see in this vid whether it was provoked or unprovoked. There may be other video;

As of yet, there is no lawsuit pending and the theater’s surveillance footage has yet to be released. Autopsy results are also pending.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is investigating.

So the family is expected to sue faster than law enforcement provides evidence of adequate provocation to justify a killing?

This is not a Rodney King video - we don't see a single blow from the police here. The violence is implied.
The "violence" to his face as evidenced by the photo in Google images certainly isn't "implied". We also have the statements of his wife and daughter, as well as the video showing the police shoving his face into the pavement while 5 cops pile onto what appears to be an unconscious man.

And all this was apparently provoked by him merely failing to comply with their demands that he show them ID.

And all this was apparently provoked by him merely failing to comply with their demands that he show them ID.

I do not even believe that failing to provide ID has anything to do with it. First it's just what the cops tell us and since they just murdered a guy, every statement from them must be regarded as an attempt to protect themselves.
And second, cops are known to manufacture charges just to meet their arrest quota.

And the arrest quota is the heart of the problem of universal police corruption. Dead citizens is just the collateral damage.

Here's an excerpt of a TV piece about NYPD whistleblower office Adriann Schoolcraft, who secretly taped evidence of NYPD top brass ordering cops to generate arrests.

Link to video.

I guess this quote says it all: "I want 250's and C summonses. I want a ghost town. [..] That's what I want in a perfect world."

Top Bottom