1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus multiplayer challenge

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Scenario League' started by Fairline, Mar 24, 2020.

1. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

No news.

Attached Files:

2. Fairline

Fairline Emperor

That's an interesting idea - having had little experience with MP I didn't even realise that was a possibility. So anyone wanna be a greasy bikers sugar daddy? :beer:

Attached Files:

3. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

Confederation aircraft hammer Rebel positions NE of Dallas.

Attached Files:

4. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

If a human player wished to transfer gold, technology or units to another human player, can it be done? How exactly?

5. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

So what typically happens is you open up cheat mode, do what you need to do and make the adjustments as necessary. We're all friends and members in good standing so it isn't an issue. I'd like to make this a redundant process via lua at some point but for now it is what it is.

You take your .hot save and rename it .sav so you can go into cheat mode. You then need to change it back to .hot. You also need to hit "ctrl + J" and "join" the other civs back into the game. Everyone will get the starting "you are the leader of x tribe" message, but we'll be good to go.

6. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

Thanks!

7. civ2units

civ2units Prince

Due to brave attackings on bandids around the borders our great general, called "the man, who fleed from every second battle", promoted two gun trucks.

Attached Files:

8. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

Cheat mode used to facilitate an agreement. In other news, Tampa is captured by U.S. Marines.

Attached Files:

9. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

Should transfers utilizing cheat mode be disclosed? I would be more comfortable with it.

10. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

I've taken three technologies in my possession and shared with another civ in exchange for a "player to be named later". Is this sufficient? You might use espionage to find out which ones?

Not trying to be coy here - but I don't want to just volunteer it either unless everyone is OK with that. I'm not sure we should be privy to exact arrangements. It doesn't really make much difference to me if the others don't care.

Suffice it to say, one of the smaller civs now has access to units that will level the playing field a bit for them.

11. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

Also as an aside - the way I would plan to address this with lua to avoid using the cheat mode (in a Cold War scenario I'm dreaming of) would basically be to have a pop up dialogue box for transferring things currently in your possession to another civ of your choosing. I suppose it might even be possible to send an "offer" of this for that, with a "state" (basically a flag) set based on it, but that might be more trouble than it's worth when a unilateral deployment would be much simpler and PMs could hash out the details of what was expected in return.

12. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

Fair enough. I do think we should all agree on disclosure rules, though. How about this? Players must disclose the number of technologies transferred, but not the exact ones, the amount of gold transferred +/- 10%, and the number and types of units transferred. International arms sales are almost always public and sometimes controversial (eg. the purchase of Russian anti-aircraft systems by Turkey) and very difficult to hide (eg. the Iran-Contra scandal).

Conditions of the transfers do not have to be disclosed.

13. Fairline

Fairline Emperor

Newport finally taken. Those damn churchmen are somehow at war with me now. How did that happen? :eek:

Still God is on our side. He must be: out of nowhere a miracle occurred and the mighty biker empire received a revelation from the almighty concerning aerial bombardment. Praise be!

Edit: Disclosure: JP has gifted me Rebuild Airports, New Air Force, and the Falcon/Warthog tech inreturn for future return trades of tech including gunnery

Attached Files:

14. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

That works for me! The goal is of course just to have a couple minutes each day that aren't monotonous so I hope to keep things fun for everyone!

15. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

Confederation special envoy Techumseh meets with C2U of the Indian Alliance. The Confederation agrees to transfer 1 artillery and 1 gun truck, plus 105 gold to the Alliance, in exchange for unspecified future considerations.

Clooney2.jpg geronimo_rifle_400_300.jpg

Attached Files:

16. techumseh

techumseh Emperor

I hope I did that right. :undecide:

17. civ2units

civ2units Prince

Unfortunatelly your savegame doesn´t work right. When I start it and end the turn, it starts with the Confederation.

18. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

You might hit ctrl + j and join the rest of us

19. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

@civ2units if you aren't comfy doing this I can assist. I assume @techumseh saved on an out of the way square so I shouldn't see anything.

20. civ2units

civ2units Prince

Thanks very much, now it works :)