Corona Virus multiplayer challenge

Out of character but when we are all sick of things it would be glorious to have a four-way nuke fest to end it all.

Our great chief is always engaged in a nuclear free world, as long as our big and wonderful country can´t build them.

I agree the non-nuclear treaty. Nukes would unbalance the game if only two players can build them.

Attachments

• 2045marIndian.zip
    47.4 KB · Views: 57
A few air strikes in Maine. Again.

Attachments

• 2045aprEmpire.zip
    47.4 KB · Views: 50
Here's a couple of questions I should know.

1) Is the list of of commodities demanded by various cities in any particular order? I always wondered if the cities higher on the list had a bigger payoff than those lower down. True or false?

2) How do you make the construction time to build a railway longer than for roads? (for another project)

Thanks.

I've also always assumed that the trade list is in order of descending profitability level; I've nothing other than vague recollection to substantiate that though ;)

Attachments

• 2045aprBikers.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 47
Several of the modifiers to trade are based on what improvements both cities have, so if it is listing potential profits, it's only telling half the story.

2) How do you make the construction time to build a railway longer than for roads? (for another project)

I wasn't aware that this could be done. Have you seen it in another project? I could imagine ways to manage it with lua, but this supposes that one can add RR to a terrain square via lua, and I don't know if that is possible or not. I know we've added pollution, so I would assume it would be.

Alternately, don't engineers work faster than settlers? Could you "upgrade" engineers to settlers when RR comes along? Of course this would impact everything else as well.

1) Is the list of of commodities demanded by various cities in any particular order? I always wondered if the cities higher on the list had a bigger payoff than those lower down. True or false?

I've also always assumed that the trade list is in order of descending profitability level; I've nothing other than vague recollection to substantiate that though ;)

I'm quite sure this is not the case, unless something changed for TOT (and I didn't notice it while playing Imperialism). In fact, it can't tell you what is most profitable, since the calculation depends on the distance between the source and destination. (Well, it could when you open the window when deciding what commodity to choose, but I doubt they implemented two versions of the supply and demand window.)

I believe that if you increase the terrain movement cost, it increases the cost of building roads and railroads. So, I suppose you could double movement costs and allowances. I don't think there is a way to change the costs of roads and rails in the rules.txt, though I haven't checked, and others would know much better than I would.

The natural way to increase the cost of railroad construction with Lua would be to take away some of the accumulated settler 'effort,' but unfortunately we don't have access to that number (it is the same number that determines how many turns aloft a plane still has).

It is possible via lua events to place railroad, so you could have a system where a town builds a 'railroad building' improvement, and the town tries to link up with a neighbouring town, or something, via event.

You can also give settler orders to units via events that they can't otherwise do (even to non-settler units), so you could withold the railroad tech, but still allow a specific unit to build the railroad (though you'd have to put up with some contradictory text boxes). I only did brief experiments with this, and that was some time ago. This would preclude the AI from building the railroads, however, unless you give event input to their units.

Maglev_Line.jpg

Bison's Dirt Track proudly announces the brand new Maglev connection between Monclova and San Pedro.

Attachments

• 2045aprIndian.zip
    47.4 KB · Views: 56
The bikers gear up for the final offensive on the God-botherers. Genghis notices the Confederation is encroaching on biker territory (which is the entire western seaboard btw).

Attachments

• 2045mayBikers.zip
    43 KB · Views: 56
Amberica is founded.

Attachments

• 2045juneEmpire.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 55
Building up forces for the final push against the Pentacostals

Attachments

• 2045juneBikers.zip
    43.2 KB · Views: 44
Top Bottom