Coronavirus Ε

Vit D is supposed to have a supporting role in both the innate and adaptive immune system.

I have no idea if 'OD' is the way to go though. There may be synergies with other supplements and there are possibly inhibitors as well.

UVB is your friend. And cod liver oil.

There is also a relation between obesity and higher need for Vit D intake.
Here a link to a general article on Vit D evolutionary history from eukaryotes to homo sapiens skin color.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6529528/
Vit D is involved in a multitude of metabloic processes picked up from availability during 750 million years of evolution. It would really be bizar imo when we would not need some minimum levels.

Outside South Australia the rest of the country is recording daily 0s outside of international quarantine, and it's been basically two incubation cycles since unknown cases have been detected anywhere

upload_2020-11-24_11-1-16.png

There is also a relation between obesity and higher need for Vit D intake.
Here a link to a general article on Vit D evolutionary history from eukaryotes to homo sapiens skin color.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6529528/
Vit D is involved in a multitude of metabloic processes picked up from availability during 750 million years of evolution. It would really be bizar imo when we would not need some minimum levels.

None of that supports "vit D supplements broadly lead to better healthcare outcomes".

None of that supports "vit D supplements broadly lead to better healthcare outcomes".

It depends on what the general food basket is.
If you are in hospital as a veggie in coma getting your stuff by infuses only, Vit D will be added.
And hey... you do not get fibres and can still live very long like that !

But yes, it is not as hard evidenced as with rickets.
Our healthcare industry is more aimed at adressing clinical level diseases and malfunctions than aiming at a higher health, a higher healthy span of life and happiness.
Is a matter of choice of yardsticks for public "health" and "wellbeing" numbers.
But our evolution does show that migrating to areas with less sunlight does change our skin color.
And women, needing more Vit D, for less risk at child birth, do have a lighter skin.
Why would that happen if it would not be beneficial ?

It depends on what the general food basket is.
If you are in hospital as a veggie in coma getting your stuff by infuses only, Vit D will be added.
And hey... you do not get fibres and can still live very long like that !

But yes, it is not as hard evidenced as with rickets.
Our healthcare industry is more aimed at adressing clinical level diseases and malfunctions than aiming at a higher health, a higher healthy span of life and happiness.
Is a matter of choice of yardsticks for public "health" and "wellbeing" numbers.
But our evolution does show that migrating to areas with less sunlight does change our skin color. Why would that happen if it would not be beneficial ?

I'd suggest you read the article I previously linked:

There's also fairly compelling evidence that supplements are, by and large, worthless.

Millions of Americans take vitamin D. Most should just stop.

I am not blind for the commercial supplement industry and their combi of fear-mongering, guilt over bad lifestyle compensation, identity life style exploitation, etc, etc.
I am also not blind for the over-reaction on that by for example you and so many others. I have even two books of our Dutch supplement sceptic, now retired, who has been a senior in our Dutch Gezondheidsraad for decades (the prime health Council of NL .government) And he still writes columns that I read.
The problem is that you do not want that nationwide fetishm having positives and negatives out of reach of GPs.
If everybody is using ample supplements, as hospital, as GP. you first have to know all those supplements before you can take action. Your average patient, eating average food, has disappeared as reference.

EDIT
oh I did read your linkthe first time you posted it.

that article mostly mentions studies looking at cardiovascular health and fractures and demineralization. Nothing to do with covid/immune response. The correlation is good enough to recommend Vit D. The benefit is pretty obvious in patients with Vit D deficiency specifically.

that article mostly mentions studies looking at cardiovascular health and fractures and demineralization. Nothing to do with covid/immune response. The correlation is good enough to recommend Vit D. The benefit is pretty obvious in patients with Vit D deficiency specifically.

I didn't link that article in response to your post. My response to you was this one, which is still true:

The problem here is correlation vs causation. It's never really been shown that mass vitamin D supplementation actually helps.

We have a new Bicameral commission for investigating state crimes during the quarantine (Comisión Nacional Bicameral de investigación de los Delitos cometidos por el Estado durante la Cuarentena - CONADEC) in the works. It's sort of a rave that somebody's doing something and a rant that it's needed in the first place.

You’ll note that intravenous calcifediol given in an acute setting is not the same thing as prophylactic oral cholecalciferol, and results from one should not be extrapolated to the other. The former shows a plausible mechanism for how the latter would help, but a plausible mechanism absent the actual effect happening doesn’t matter much to the end consumer.

Outside South Australia the rest of the country is recording daily 0s outside of international quarantine, and it's been basically two incubation cycles since unknown cases have been detected anywhere

Iam pretty sure they detected it in the sewers in NSW in the southern suburbs
The restrictions are still in place for the entire state but things are looking up

Top Bottom