Coronavirus 3: The Resurgence

Status
Not open for further replies.
...incognito in web cafes?
You decided it is pointless ...? :eek:
are you happy now ? Or something ...

this is going to be a rant . ı would take it to rants thread but this tablet is a mess , still to learn copy / past things ...

Spoiler :

there is this fan made Master of Orion ı must see , though doubtful if ı will like install on the laptop and am on my way to the webcafe . ı get the distinct impression this guy wants to be noticed . And the last time ı was in the web was quite relaxed , ı could go to places to trawl for pdf files without proxies , today it wasn't so . The locals can destroy my laptop , all my USB and external drives , this tablet and am getting quite a thing about on how downloads suddenly die and stuff . Yet it is also widespread , like a counter idea about the danger r16 represents , but them people are good natured . lf am a fool , why bother ? lf am not , and considering the years and years of following , again why bother ? Working for Congregation , as in some police person tricking people to do stuff is NOT a crime in New Turkey , the PM personally declaring he was deceived . And naturally an amnesty is in the works , because the lackeys are not exactly the type of people to run a country , when the finest of the "Muslims" are in jail

that ı live in fear or whatnot can not be left unexplained (despite the reaction it always causes and people implying they can do but will not do) because it will raise false hopes , considering the very US State Department is keeping out of my way physically , but the reports are that she had her department superiors and the lot in country last week . A good thing , too , ı would be partaking in some diplomatic scandal and it would be war , what a bliss it would be , too .

nor any issues with being a voluble fool . Would never miss the chance to tell nothing changes . That Armenians have been again hurting Azerbeycan , despite the oil wealth that's poured into Azerbeycan's armed stuff . New Turkey has no shame , they are talking tough , they will talk tough but in the end of the day , the Azeris are Shia and Arabs do not like the Shia . Ankara would love Baku occupied . This balances Ethiopia distracting Egypt . Oh , ı know how tempting it looks to deal with some Gordian knot , embroiled on all sides and a swift win somehow , somewhere , not sometime but NOW . The thing is we know what will happen , America will panic in the very last moment and just like they sold the Kurds , we will once again see New Turkey triumphant , without any particular justification on the ground or even in the exchange ratio . ı don't know what they would do then , now that they have conquered Ayasofya . So , here is a thing for the Greeks who might want to know . That your fathers were very ready to fight in 1974 but it changed in a single day . lt is one thing to torture Leftists and be silently proud of being obliquely mentioned in some movie Z , considering one to be the meanest person that ever lived ... and another thing to be facing horsebandits with like a hundred thousand horsepowers on an entry level , with a willingness to shoot . This has happened before , will happen again . lf this fails , one can also consider the Coronavirus has been quite useful in avoiding World War lll . Yeah , whatever .

are you happy now ? Or something ...

this is going to be a rant . ı would take it to rants thread but this tablet is a mess , still to learn copy / past things ...

Spoiler :

there is this fan made Master of Orion ı must see , though doubtful if ı will like install on the laptop and am on my way to the webcafe . ı get the distinct impression this guy wants to be noticed . And the last time ı was in the web was quite relaxed , ı could go to places to trawl for pdf files without proxies , today it wasn't so . The locals can destroy my laptop , all my USB and external drives , this tablet and am getting quite a thing about on how downloads suddenly die and stuff . Yet it is also widespread , like a counter idea about the danger r16 represents , but them people are good natured . lf am a fool , why bother ? lf am not , and considering the years and years of following , again why bother ? Working for Congregation , as in some police person tricking people to do stuff is NOT a crime in New Turkey , the PM personally declaring he was deceived . And naturally an amnesty is in the works , because the lackeys are not exactly the type of people to run a country , when the finest of the "Muslims" are in jail

that ı live in fear or whatnot can not be left unexplained (despite the reaction it always causes and people implying they can do but will not do) because it will raise false hopes , considering the very US State Department is keeping out of my way physically , but the reports are that she had her department superiors and the lot in country last week . A good thing , too , ı would be partaking in some diplomatic scandal and it would be war , what a bliss it would be , too .

nor any issues with being a voluble fool . Would never miss the chance to tell nothing changes . That Armenians have been again hurting Azerbeycan , despite the oil wealth that's poured into Azerbeycan's armed stuff . New Turkey has no shame , they are talking tough , they will talk tough but in the end of the day , the Azeris are Shia and Arabs do not like the Shia . Ankara would love Baku occupied . This balances Ethiopia distracting Egypt . Oh , ı know how tempting it looks to deal with some Gordian knot , embroiled on all sides and a swift win somehow , somewhere , not sometime but NOW . The thing is we know what will happen , America will panic in the very last moment and just like they sold the Kurds , we will once again see New Turkey triumphant , without any particular justification on the ground or even in the exchange ratio . ı don't know what they would do then , now that they have conquered Ayasofya . So , here is a thing for the Greeks who might want to know . That your fathers were very ready to fight in 1974 but it changed in a single day . lt is one thing to torture Leftists and be silently proud of being obliquely mentioned in some movie Z , considering one to be the meanest person that ever lived ... and another thing to be facing horsebandits with like a hundred thousand horsepowers on an entry level , with a willingness to shoot . This has happened before , will happen again . lf this fails , one can also consider the Coronavirus has been quite useful in avoiding World War lll . Yeah , whatever .

The end reminded me of a let's play video I saw years ago, on HOI3 (?) as Greece. The player started by saying "We don't need the cavalry unit, no one uses cavalry anymore - we aren't turks" :p

A bit chaotic discussion on national TV here this evening on whether it is still wise to go on holiday to a foreign country.
Also mentioned was that the sewage measure point for virusses at Schiphol Amsterdam Airport has at the moment the highest values of all sewage measure points here in NL.

On sewage measuring
We measure at many points the amount of virusses in sewage water. Current average is 3 virusses per milliliter with around in total 3,000 contagious people in NL, or 180 per million people.
(that contagious amount of people is higher than confirmed tested and an estimate of the RIVM based on several indicators... and currently being roughly three times as high as confirmed tested.).
We are in the process of increasing the number of measure points from 28 to 300.
=> sewage water measuring is a very powerful method to measure whole areas.... is able to measure small flare ups.... AND is faster in detecting than people asking to be tested because they feel symptoms.

A bit chaotic discussion on national TV here this evening on whether it is still wise to go on holiday to a foreign country.
Also mentioned was that the sewage measure point for virusses at Schiphol Amsterdam Airport has at the moment the highest values of all sewage measure points here in NL.

That sewage just shows what should have been obvious from day one: there is absolutely no hope of resolving this crap so long as unrestricted travel is allowed between territories where the virus is till loose. Most countries still are not compelling people from those places to be tested on entry and placing them in quarantine.
It's extremely simple: you want to cross borders from a plague area to a non plague area? There are conditions you must meet. Don't like it, don't cross. This is a prerequisite for eradicating the virus. And that is achievable now, not in some hypothetical, nebulous future where a vaccine exists.

That sewage just shows what should have been obvious from day one: there is absolutely no hope of resolving this crap so long as unrestricted travel is allowed between territories where the virus is till loose. Most countries still are not compelling people from those places to be tested on entry and placing them in quarantine.
It's extremely simple: you want to cross borders from a plague area to a non plague area? There are conditions you must meet. Don't like it, don't cross. This is a prerequisite for eradicating the virus. And that is achievable now, not in some hypothetical, nebulous future where a vaccine exists.

Most countries went for a flatten the curve strategy, instead of the eradication strategy.
It is not extremely simple, for dense mass of land border countries like the EU to employ a Taiwan strategy, mandatory testing, 14 day quarantine and registration of movement for contract tracing.

EU is notoriously slow to come to a consensus for anything. By the time it dose decide on a unified strategy we will have the vaccine

Last edited:
That the status of laws around aids after 30 years. We don't know yet how corona virus infection law will evolve. My point was that @Commodore was wrong when he said there was no legal principle about protecting others in public.

Except your HIV example doesn't really disprove my point. Those laws aren't about making you responsible for protecting others, they are about stopping you from causing intentional harm to others. There is a difference.

And there is not a single jurisdiction in the US that legally recognizes what is called a "duty to help", which is what all of this would fall under. That means I don't have a legal obligation to take protective measures against this virus, especially since I haven't been diagnosed with it so you can't make a case that I'm knowingly infecting people.

It's just not going to happen in this crappy political climate. There was a incident locally where a guy stabbed another guy who told him to put a mask on. There's some crazy stubborn people out there. They'll lie and belligerently ignore protocol.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/michigan-mask-argument-stabbing-shooting

I suppose you might be able to lock down actual international borders to certain countries for nonessential travel but there'd still be shipping.

It's just not going to happen in this crappy political climate. There was a incident locally where a guy stabbed another guy who told him to put a mask on. There's some crazy stubborn people out there. They'll lie and belligerently ignore protocol.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/michigan-mask-argument-stabbing-shooting

I suppose you might be able to lock down actual international borders to certain countries for nonessential travel but there'd still be shipping.

Essential stuff still goes around. That includes freight.

No non essential travel basically. Holidays don't count as essential.

Schermopname (1075).png

And serious again:

Iran, population 80 million people, was expected to under-report Covid... but....

Iran may have 25 Million cases - not official figure of 260,000
This is from my colleagues Michael Safi and Akhtar Mohammad Makoii:

Iran’s president, Hassan Rouhani, has cited a health ministry study estimating that the country might have 25 million coronavirus infections – far higher than the official figure of about 269,000 cases and well above the global confirmed total of 14 million.

Rouhani told a coronavirus summit on Saturday that another 30 to 35 million people could become infected in the weeks and months ahead, according to the study, and that the hospitalisation rate may grow among this cohort – though he didn’t explain why that might be.

The figure is the frankest estimate so far from an Iranian leader of the scale of the outbreak in the country, which is confirmed to have killed around 14,000 people so far and has resurged in the past month after briefly seeming to relent.

Iran locked down after cases started to grow in March but eased the quarantine about two months later citing the need to kickstart the economy.

At least 2 million Iranians are estimated to have lost their jobs as a result of the pandemic as well as continuing US sanctions and poor economic conditions.

From the Guardian LIVE

If this is correct.... I do wonder BTW in how far such info is known by intelligence agencies.
For sure Israel is well informed on Iran. And I guess China as well.
And then... I do wonder in how far people like Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, Johnson, etc are informed by intel reports on this.... and in how far that influences their own approaches.

Last edited:
And serious again:

Iran, population 80 million people, was expected to under-report Covid... but....

If this is correct.... I do wonder BTW in how far such info is known by intelligence agencies.
For sure Israel is well informed on Iran. And I guess China as well.
And then... I do wonder in how far people like Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, Johnson, etc are informed by intel reports on this.... and in how far that influences their own approaches.

Why exactly is this "the frankest estimate"? 14.000 iranians died. By that logic, Britain must have all of its population infected.

No doubt someone is looking at satellite images of the
number of corpse carrying vehicles arriving at cemeteries.

A few weeks back I saw a TV report with a smart yellow turbanned
Sikh or muslim who drove bodies from a Delhi hospital saying he
usually had two or 2 or 3 bodies a day but it had jumped to 25.

And then... I do wonder in how far people like Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, Johnson, etc are informed by intel reports on this...

If we tell them how much worse it is in Iran, India other places etc,
they will likely gloatingly interpret that as proof they are brilliant;
so we will put it in a table in an Annex we know they won't read.

new Turkey gives the total numbers of infected in 10 provinces that has the highest number of new cases , let's call it x . Then the total number of new cases in the country , namely y . And , well x is greater than y by like 862 ? Everybody intentionally under-reports and stuff but 25 million infections would mean like a million deaths already or what ? lt is some unveiled threat to Tahran not to interfere in whatever the West fancies to achieve . But , but , it is Ruhani saying that ? Hmm , confusing ? How about let us avoid getting involved in this and let Americans gloriously kill anyone or whatever ? Because like who would believe lran to first spot the modified "military" version and later have it crossed by a "vaccine form" weaker type ?

ı also reject the unjustified mocking of cavalry ! They are like even in space these days , as seen in the last Star Wars abomination .

Most countries went for a flatten the curve strategy, instead of the eradication strategy.
It is not extremely simple, for dense mass of land border countries like the EU to employ a Taiwan strategy, mandatory testing, 14 day quarantine and registration of movement for contract tracing.

EU is notoriously slow to come to a consensus for anything. By the time it dose decide on a unified strategy we will have the vaccine

The EU does not need to come to a consensus on anything covid-related. Countries have acted on their own already, have the material ability to act on heir own. Unlike large countries like the US, Brazil or Russia, in the EU it's very simple to close borders: each country has its own police forces and army that it can deploy at will to guard them. Governments just do not want to make that decision. They are able to. It's part ideology (the holy totem of the EU open borders), but mostly dumb economics (tourism is important!). The only thing the EU could be useful for in this crisis would be central bank financing of states. But even at that it's only being an impediment: national central banks unbound to the EU could do it more effectively. The english have a permanent deficit and are doing just fine on that front.

The ideology of open borders has already been thrown out of the window at the beginning of the epidemic, with countries closing borders. It can be done. The shift to opening borders for summer in the EU has been all about tourism. But it's stupid: I have the misfortune of living on a big tourism spot and can see that this business even now does not have enough tourists to justify opening. Economically we would be better off having ruled out any attempt at having international tourism this year, clearing the virus nationally, getting the rest of the economy back to normal and having the portion of the tourism business that caters to locals open. If every EU country had focused on eradication of the virus we'd probably have open borders again between several countries already free of it.
But governments in the EU refused to do that, aiming instead for "management" of the virus. As things are now the rest of "the economy" is only half-working and tourism is operating at a loss. Even economically this was the dumb choice to make.

I don't think either of those are dumb enough to believe their own intel agencies. They'll quote them when convenient; they don't believe them. Intel agencies personnel are professional liars.

Why exactly is this "the frankest estimate"? 14.000 iranians died. By that logic, Britain must have all of its population infected.

I would guess that that number of 14,000 deaths needs an update as well.

Let's do a rough math:
In developed western countries we can make for example as assumption that the death rate is roughly 1% of ALL infected people (not only the confirmed infected people).
From statistics it can be seen that more than 90% of all deaths comes from people older than 65 year.
Let's for sake of simplicity of the rough math take that death rate as100% proportional to people of 65+.
The UK being such an developed country has 18.5% of people older than 65 year.
Iran being a less developed country has 6.4% of people older than 65 years.
=> The deaths per infected people is in Iran one-third of the UK and is roughly 0.33% of ALL infected people.

=> On that 25 million infected people in Iran the math comes with a total of around 80,000 Covid deaths in Iran

I would guess that that number of 14,000 deaths needs an update as well.

Let's do a rough math:
In developed western countries we can make for example as assumption that the death rate is roughly 1% of ALL infected people (not only the confirmed infected people).
From statistics it can be seen that more than 90% of all deaths comes from people older than 65 year.
Let's for sake of simplicity of the rough math take that death rate as100% proportional to people of 65+.
The UK being such an developed country has 18.5% of people older than 65 year.
Iran being a less developed country has 6.4% of people older than 65 years.
=> The deaths per infected people is in Iran one-third of the UK and is roughly 0.33% of ALL infected people.

=> On that 25 million infected people in Iran the math comes with a total of around 80,000 Covid deaths in Iran

With Iran having a so much younger population, you can't just make ALL deaths be of people over 65 without simply making up a stat to fit a narrative. If Iran was massively more infected than the UK, you'd see a noticeable number of young people dieing.

With Iran having a so much younger population, you can't just make ALL deaths be of people over 65 without simply making up a stat to fit a narrative.
It seems quite clear that the death rate is concentrated in certain groups rather than hit everyone equally hard.

It seems quite clear that the death rate is concentrated in certain groups rather than hit everyone equally hard.

Sure, but 0 is very different from non zero, particularly when it cancels most of the population of one country while being comparatively negligible for another.
It's also a lot more difficult to argue a teen dieing is due to natural causes - like some Eu countries do for their old and now dead.

Iranian number of 25 millions (even if it's reported correctly) is almost 1/3 of their population, therefore it obviously includes unreported and asymptomatic cases.
With the similar proportion of infected people and 1% lethality, UK would have >200,000 deaths by now.

Either Iran has 4-5 times higher proportion of infected people than UK (IMO unlikely)
or
1% lethality is incorrect, when asymptomatic cases are taken into account.
or
25 million number is vastly overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom