Coronavirus 3: The Resurgence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anthony Fauci admitted lying about the efficacy of masks so we'd leave enough for the medical community

That one hell of a call to make.
Thanks to the Taiwan inventor of the N95 mask, we now know they can be reused by heat treatment and they continue to be 90%+ effective.

Anthony Fauci admitted lying about the efficacy of masks so we'd leave enough for the medical community
I don’t know how to feel about that; I totally understand in putting doctors first in line for that protective equipment most effective. However, “the government lying to the populace for the general good” gives me a good bit of unease.

I don’t know how to feel about that; I totally understand in putting doctors first in line for that protective equipment most effective. However, “the government lying to the populace for the general good” gives me a good bit of unease.

Not to mention it gives off this whole vibe of the government taking the position of your life not being worth protecting because you aren't a doctor.

Not to mention it gives off this whole vibe of the government taking the position of your life not being worth protecting because you aren't a doctor.

In a pandemic they are. Plenty more humans, 7 years training to replace a doctor.

If you don't prioritize the doctors in a high risk environment you might not have one when you need it.

1. They're dead.
2. They're in quarantine as they're infected.
3. They've decided to go on holiday for the next year or so.

In a pandemic they are. Plenty more humans, 7 years training to replace a doctor.

No, they aren't. If the government prioritizes masks for the population, it slows the spread, thus reducing the need for doctors.

Plus as stated earlier, doctors have access to reusable masks, while the general public does not.

Is Fauci in the government though? He is director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which I would have thought would make him more part of the civil service.

Is Fauci in the government though? He is director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which I would have thought would make him more part of the civil service.
I really don’t know of his official capacity other than that he’s been kind of a conduit for information. I don’t in his case think his technical proximity to the government as we think of it matters much with regards to my sentiments.

The room is suppose to be sanitized between teach test which takes approx 10 min if the correct procedures are followed

:lol: No way, people went in the moment the previous one went out. They didn't even get my referral at first, delaying me by about half an hour until I could contact the right person to fix it.

What he did was criminal. There should have been a reasonable number of masks prioritized for medical staff. If the public knew that masks were going to be essential private production could have made up the difference.

Last edited:

This is a common point of confusion in communication between Americans and non-Americans. For clarification, when someone in the US refers to "the government" they mean anyone employed by the state in any capacity. So in that context, yes Fauci is in the government.

This is a common point of confusion in communication between Americans and non-Americans. For clarification, when someone in the US refers to "the government" they mean anyone employed by the state in any capacity. So in that context, yes Fauci is in the government.
So "the government is lying to me" could as well refer to a policeman, or a soldier, or Patty and Selma at the DMV?

No, they aren't. If the government prioritizes masks for the population, it slows the spread, thus reducing the need for doctors.
Plus as stated earlier, doctors have access to reusable masks, while the general public does not.

The inventor only discovered a way to safley reuse themask about a month ago.
Doctors and medical personal are at the most risk since they come into close contact with cornavirus patients and operate in a high risk enviroment
While the General public would have used normal cloth masks.

Explaining this to the General public and asking retailers to only sell N95 mask to the Government would have the honest thing to do. But it may have caused panic buying and hording as we have seen happen anyways

In Michigan people have been flocking to bars since they reopened and not being very careful. Overall cases are going up a bit but there have been a couple places where like a dozen people tested positive after going. Bars where like the whole bar got sick. Kinda nuts. We have been in close contact with our neighbors now but still haven't gone to any establishments.

So "the government is lying to me" could as well refer to a policeman, or a soldier, or Patty and Selma at the DMV?

Yep.

EDIT: It can even include corporations that hold big government contracts like the companies that hold all the big DOD contracts.

The inventor only discovered a way to safley reuse themask about a month ago.
Doctors and medical personal are at the most risk since they come into close contact with cornavirus patients and operate in a high risk enviroment
While the General public would have used normal cloth masks.

Explaining this to the General public and asking retailers to only sell N95 mask to the Government would have the honest thing to do. But it may have caused panic buying and hording as we have seen happen anyways

Reusing masks by using heat? Are we talking of using a hair dryer, because I found out about that 4 months ago from my wife.

Guess if it works, should be in 'life hacks' thread.

What he did was criminal. There should have been a reasonable number of masks prioritized for medical staff. If the public knew that masks were going to be essential private production could have made up the difference.
Well, the biggest qualm I would have about it is how it damages the public trust not just in officials but also in mask wearing. I can say confidently that I took his word for it, so I went without one.

Again, I understand the rationale but don’t know if it’s right policy or for that matter morals.

. I can say confidently that I took his word for it, so I went without one.

Makes me wonder how much blame can then be put on Fauci for the uptick in cases in the US since places started reopening. Also makes me think reopening wasn't the problem, it was Fauci intentionally giving bad advice that was the problem.

Well, the biggest qualm I would have about it is how it damages the public trust not just in officials but also in mask wearing. I can say confidently that I took his word for it, so I went without one.

I never believed it for an instant (the clearest red flag was all the talk I heard about there 'being no proof' that masks worked, confusing absence of evidence with evidence of absence - you don't have to know that they work for them to be worth using).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom