1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus 3: The Resurgence

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by red_elk, Jun 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuckerkao

tuckerkao King

The coronavirus infects the Americans, not only the Democrats, not only the Republicans. If Herman Cain died, then it was a solid prove that Trump's Tulsa rally was NOT safe.

President Trump still cannot predict the U.S. death rates by the Election Day -
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/20/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-mortality-rate-intl/index.html

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  2. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

You would think so, wouldn't you?

3. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Clearly the work of Killary and Bill Gates :mad:

4. FriendlyFire

Republicans sure are owning the Libs
    Its just a shame that Trump cancelled hes indoor, no mask crowded rallies, think of all that winning that would be happening in 2 weeks time.

5. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

@FriendlyFire, you selectively quoted from the article to make it sound as if the man (Montgomery) who had died said those things. He didn’t.

6. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

We've been to dispel the myth of trickle-down economics for half a century and it still won't go away even though it's bringing the world crashing down around our ears.

7. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

They repackaged it yet but yeah doesn't seem to be working.

Funny that.

8. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Actually I still stand by my thesis that trickle-down economics works exactly as intended, but I myself classify it as belonging tothe same category as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

9. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

My wife's favorite joke lately is that "the coronavirus will suddenly disappear after the election." Said in a very sarcastic way. She's sick to death of the idiots pretending like it's nothing.

10. FriendlyFire

Ah it was Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk
    Bill Montgomery was the co founder of Turning Points USA. I stand corrected on this
    The hilarity continues

Birdjaguar likes this.
  11. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Well they've managed that, but have bungled it to the point where every test is essentially worthless at this point.

Should we be testing fewer people to stop the spread of Covid-19?

12. FriendlyFire

No [censored] we dropped the ball, thats why buildings with thousands of people in them were locked down and then the entire state
    Thank you for noticing this, and please go ahead with re-opening all your schools.

13. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

Once again, selective editing:

"This resurgence in cases is occurring throughout large portions of our planet — in Japan, China, Australia, Belgium, Spain, France, Germany, Hong Kong — places where they thought they'd really done great," he said.

"It came back, and in a couple of cases came back very strongly. The virus was said to be under control but new cases have risen very significantly once again. So when you think somebody is doing well, sometimes you have to hold your decision on that. You have to hold your statements."
    There is nothing objectively wrong with this statement. Saying Donald Trump is the authority on issuing that statement is doubtful at best, but he did not single out Australia nor do I see his comments as criticism.

14. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I thought that looked suspiciously coherent. What's really bananas is that the newspaper seems to have edited it for extra coherence compared to the official White House transcript.

Verbatim from the audio:

"[...] this resurgence in cases is occurring throughout large portions of our planet — in Japan, China, Australia, Belgium, Spain, France, Germany, Hong Kong — places where they thought it was — they really done great. Uhh, it came back. And in a couple of cases, came back very strongly.

The virus was said to be under control, but new cases have risen very significantly once again. So when you think somebody's doing well, sometimes you have to hold your decision on that; you have to hold your statement."

amadeus likes this.
  15. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

There are enough real problems of his handling of this crisis or the presidency itself, so I don’t see the need to make up fake ones. It damages their own credibility.

16. FriendlyFire

LMAO
    There is just so much bat [censored] in Trumps gaslighting, but please go ahead and defend him
    Trump is a [censored] moron, i love the longer he talks the more hilarity and drivel that comes out from hes brain. This is classic Trump BS to distract from hes [censored] up having set the country on fire.

17. amadeus

amadeus As seen on OT

And yours is righteous? What separates him from you, other than scope of authority?

18. r16

r16 not deity

pretty sure one can not order or force people to follow decisions that will intentionally spread the disease , because herd immunity was a thing and elections be won . Oh wait , a lot of spelling issues ? Can it be ?

19. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

In Spain the resurgence started in Aragon and Cataluña in July and is spreading across all the country. We already have as many daily new cases as we had in May or April.

The weird thing is (almost) nobody is dying now. With a couple of deaths every day when at the worst point of the pandemic four months ago there was up to 900. :confused:

El_Machinae likes this.
  20. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

People tend to suffer a few weeks before they die. Also, hospital capacity is an important factor in mortality rate. If people are being treated well, chance of death is fairly low.

If the hospitals are too full to take care of everyone, well that’s when people start dying and dying a lot.

stfoskey12, El_Machinae and The_J like this.
  21. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

Nope, there are not deaths because almost all the new cases are so mild. They dont even need to go to the hospital.

I would say it is because now, the average infected is way younger with old people being more careful, while back in March there was a massive contagion among old people, mostly in geriatrics. That would explain it, but not completely though, since in fact new cases seem way milder than four months ago, even among youngsters.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.