Coronavirus 3: The Resurgence

Status
Not open for further replies.
@thetrooper You get the next thread. You have 24 hours to make a new one. :)

Coronavirus: the ongoing grind

In one of our next threads om Corona it will be about the anti-vaxxers, but that will be after another 1-2 threads at least.

I am afraid that the next thread will be in the midst of hard choices between lifes, jobs & economy and social consumption.
A very divisive period I think.

Will the new thread take us up to the election in November? If so I propose Coronavirus Episode IV: A New Hope

EDIT: Then if Trump wins Episode V names itself.

I am afraid that the next thread will be in the midst of hard choices between lifes, jobs & economy and social consumption.
A very divisive period I think.

There is no such choice, that has been proven by facts already. The choice of ignoring the virus still ongoing and reopening has been made, and the results are clear: "the economy" did not go back to normal because a large proportion of the people are not crazy. "The economy" will not go back to normal with government refusing to eradicate the virus. The idea that there was a "choice of lives versus the economy" was utterly idiotic: it's bloody obvious that a country cannot go back to normal, that movement in many businesses cannot recover, without first doing the job of eradicating the threat.
Saving lives and saving the economy are part of one and the same choice: doing what it takes to eradicating the virus asap. That means splitting larger territories into smaller ones with movement between controlled, lockdowns where the virus is still going on, and quarantines to all incomers in regions where it has been wiped out. After a country has been proven competent at wiping the virus out and keeping it suppressed others will eventually trust it and reopen borders. Larger countries will have to do it first by state or other territorial administrative subdivision. NZ did the right thing. Australia would have done the right thing if it had a competent government.

The real choice, the only choice, is between doing what it takes to eradicate the virus or remaining as we are today. Pretending to "manage" it is what is being done in Europe and (weakly) the US. That does not save "the economy".

On other news, virtue signaling on the cheap did Victoria in? Hiring security guards from "marginalized communities", and through subcontractors, really? States have been buy destroying their own public services and this political culture is the result. With incompetents such as there countries have no chance: they'll make the choice of remaining as we are because they're too incompetent to organize anything else. No going back to normal because people will refuse to go back to normal, and no eradicating the virus because governments refuse to staff and deploy an effective public administration to do the job.
Europe's governments are like Victoria's: too incompetent to end the virus, despite widespread public support when the lockdowns were done.

Last edited:
I've been hibernating for too long it seems. Used to be fairly good at this 10 years ago, now I even don't know how to link to the other threads.

Feel free to start a new one...

Speaking about combat losses, Russia's death toll (currently 14854) also recently exceeded casualties in Soviet-Afghanistan war (14453)
^So this post would be the next thread starter; otherwise, it would be my solemn duty.
This new scenario will arrive to many places: "Coronavirus 4: The School Reopening"
It'll be the grand re-re-re-reopening at this rate, as in Bob's Burgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom