Coronavirus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kept saying this to myself: "The hard time will pass by eventually, keep enduring to the end." The bright light at the end of the tunnel should be there by the beginning of year 2021.

I'm a bit more pessimistic.

Told the wife in March to expect a depression. I don't think it will be a great depression but yeah end of next year being optimistic, pessimistic 5-10 years, civil unrest, war, widespread riots etc.

I'm a bit more pessimistic.

Told the wife in March to expect a depression. I don't think it will be a great depression but yeah end of next year being optimistic, pessimistic 5-10 years, civil unrest, war, widespread riots etc.
I try to be realistic, optimism cannot be a false positive. President Trump kept saying the Covid virus is under control, no it is not, under control = less than 2,000 national cases per day in the United States like the per capita cases of South Korea.

Many Americans are very disappointed after realizing the U.S. per capita deaths turn out to be higher than Italy and still keep going. Trump's optimistic comment in July: "United States handles the pandemic better than France and Italy", not any more. Some people have gone to the riot because they felt being cheated.

Wife's Ego is just temporary, the World History will be remembered forever. Temporary optimistic ego that results in a huge later cry is really not worth the effort.

I won't be surprised if my local city got a lockdown for the 2nd time, I have to be ready to face the real world, anything can happen during the winter season. Being pessimistic during the pandemic or other disasters cannot be blamed as we all should prepare the best and expect that the worst may happen.

If Victoria stamps down hard enough that's about a month or so to get near zero.
I hope this strategy works as long as the citizens are obedient there. I believe 6 weeks should be long enough according to the Tokyo, Japan example back in April, 2020.

The Japanese people have to wear the masks whenever they go out to the public space that has more than 10 people. They seem to follow the health guidelines pretty well.

[Old Normal] life base = before Covid
[New Normal] life base = Covid without Vaccine

Don't go to the beaches during the holidays, it's not absolutely essential. Avoid the crowds is smart. Working at Home if possible. Some essential jobs such as the restaurants will require their workers to be present, they'll have to be tested frequently to stay safe, but indoor customer dining should be totally avoided.

I'm waiting to see what will happen a month after this -
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/14/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-indoor-rally-wildfires/index.html

Last edited:
The zero day will take a lot of efforts and preparations, of course, the citizens have to care more about their neighbors instead of only theirselves.

Nah I mean it might just be tomorrow tbh

I have plenty of money to keep staying at home except few occasions. If you cannot, then you are not well prepared. You don't like what your government have said, it's your problem with them.

Lucky Tuckerkao! But your money only allows you to stay at home because a lot of other people are still out working. Without them you've got no one to deliver stuff, and nothing produced to deliver anyway. Even if you've hoarded a big stockpile of stuff, you are still counting on other people working to keep your lights on, water in your taps and your house not on fire.

And funnily enough a lot of those jobs don't pay well enough to realistically build up the cash reserves to stay at home for three months. Telling people to do something that's a financial impossibility, and then dumping the blame on them when they don't isn't governance. It's a mix of arrogance, idiocy and cruelty.

Lucky Tuckerkao! But your money only allows you to stay at home because a lot of other people are still out working. Without them you've got no one to deliver stuff, and nothing produced to deliver anyway. Even if you've hoarded a big stockpile of stuff, you are still counting on other people working to keep your lights on, water in your taps and your house not on fire.

And funnily enough a lot of those jobs don't pay well enough to realistically build up the cash reserves to stay at home for three months. Telling people to do something that's a financial impossibility, and then dumping the blame on them when they don't isn't governance. It's a mix of arrogance, idiocy and cruelty.
Go to Japan and South Korea, ask how much the wages of their workers are? It's a common sense to save up to 3-4 months of money reserves in the banks there, just not in America.

Life basics, no mortgage on the house, no car debts, easier on the long run. Food storage in the pantry don't require too much delivery. 1 of my neighbors have up to 6 months of essential stocks. If I really need more stuffs, I can just buy from her.

I didn't travel at all during 2019, my family saved quiet a bit of money, I prefer an easier life during the pandemic than more luxury travels before hand. If everybody stayed at home continuously from March to May 2020, the pandemic would have been much better controlled like how South Korea tackled the Covid virus between Feb to April 2020.

Hint: Only 1 of my financial bases is in the United States. Decimal is only 1 of the bases how I count my math. I don't put all eggs in 1 basket.

Last edited:
Go to Japan and South Korea, ask how much the wages of their workers are? It's a common sense to save up to 3-4 months of money reserves in the banks there, just not in America.

I somehow doubt everyone in Japan and South Korea is well paid enough to have 3-4 months worth of savings. I could believe a much larger percentage of the population are than in America. This is rather spectacularly missing the point though. If a government orders everyone to stay at home for months and actually expects that to happen then they are going to have to pick up the bill for everyone to be able to do that. Griping that people "should have prepared" (when a lot don't have the means to) is not going to make an effective lockdown happen. It's a means of shifting the blame off the government to - well, literally anyone else. But shifting the blame is a higher priority for many governments than anything do to with dealing with the virus.

Food storage in the pantry don't require too much delivery. 1 of my neighbors have up to 6 months of essential stocks. If I really need more stuffs, I can just buy from her.

I do wonder if you realise how arrogant you come across here. You live in a well off bubble and so do your neighbours - lucky you. You can afford to buy six months of non perishables, and have somewhere to put it - a lot of people don't have that option. Even so, all that gets you is being marginally less dependent on delivery workers than most. You're still dependent on stuff getting produced - don't kid yourself everyone can just down tools for six months and there'll still be food and supplies when yours start to run out. And you still need power, water, emergency services and many more.

If everybody stayed at home continuously from March to May 2020, the pandemic would have been much better controlled like how South Korea tackled the Covid virus between Feb to April 2020.

And like I said, if a government is actually expecting everyone to stay home, then realistically they have to pick up the bills for the basics over the whole period of the lockdown so that everyone can do it regardless of their existing position. A government that just tells everyone to stay home and ignores whether people can afford to is not actually expecting people to stay home. They are expecting the less well off sections of society not to follow the order (because they can't) and so serve as a scapegoat when the resulting half-hearted measures don't work.

Just checked, 41 new cases and 6 new deaths reported for Australia today -
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I prefer the real zero day than just a statistic zero day. Keep up the hard works on the contact tracing, it'll come, hopefully a zero week.

That's virtually all in Victoria, which is under lockdown and behind closed borders from the rest of the country. NSW had only one new case outside of hotel quarantine today, hence my speculation that their first day of 0 new cases might come as soon as tomorrow.

The 6 other states and territories all had 0 today. My home jurisdiction the Australian Capital Territory has been 63 days without a new case, thanks largely to successful contract tracing containment in NSW.

Tokyo was locked down between April to June 2020 unless you weren't aware of that.
The whole country was in a state of emergency around this time starting with Tokyo and a few urban prefectures. I know, I was here in Osaka. There was no lockdown as there is/was no legal way to enforce it. Closures were requested, not mandated. Mask wearing is requested, not government mandated (companies may vary.)

Your other two links are to the Japanese Go Federation. :lol:

I’ll have to check the progress of New Zealand and Australia. Does New Zealand have a Monopoly Association? Should I look at the Australian Clue Players League? Point me to some answers! :lol:

I somehow doubt everyone in Japan and South Korea is well paid enough to have 3-4 months worth of savings. I could believe a much larger percentage of the population are than in America. This is rather spectacularly missing the point though. If a government orders everyone to stay at home for months and actually expects that to happen then they are going to have to pick up the bill for everyone to be able to do that. Griping that people "should have prepared" (when a lot don't have the means to) is not going to make an effective lockdown happen. It's a means of shifting the blame off the government to - well, literally anyone else. But shifting the blame is a higher priority for many governments than anything do to with dealing with the virus.

I do wonder if you realise how arrogant you come across here. You live in a well off bubble and so do your neighbours - lucky you. You can afford to buy six months of non perishables, and have somewhere to put it - a lot of people don't have that option. Even so, all that gets you is being marginally less dependent on delivery workers than most. You're still dependent on stuff getting produced - don't kid yourself everyone can just down tools for six months and there'll still be food and supplies when yours start to run out. And you still need power, water, emergency services and many more.

And like I said, if a government is actually expecting everyone to stay home, then realistically they have to pick up the bills for the basics over the whole period of the lockdown so that everyone can do it regardless of their existing position. A government that just tells everyone to stay home and ignores whether people can afford to is not actually expecting people to stay home. They are expecting the less well off sections of society not to follow the order (because they can't) and so serve as a scapegoat when the resulting half-hearted measures don't work.

This. Ours paid 80% of the wages during lockdown, put all the homeless in motels and paid to run foodbanks. They also boosted the unemployed benefit to almost double the amount for 12 weeks (lockdown lasted 7).

It was expensive but proportionally about half the price of Trump's approach.

And they still got criticized and argueably could have done it better. Took them about a week to do and money went out in days.

2 months of solid lockdown would be plenty which was before the masks were widely available. The government could afford most of those budget early on instead of later.

If I enter my local church chapel, Walmart or Smith, I have to wear the masks, it's the mandate from the state government.

This. Ours paid 80% of the wages during lockdown, put all the homeless in motels and paid to run foodbanks. They also boosted the unemployed benefit to almost double the amount for 12 weeks (lockdown lasted 7).
It was expensive but proportionally about half the price of Trump's approach.

And they still got criticized and argueably could have done it better. Took them about a week to do and money went out in days.
I wished President Trump would have done it this way back in March and April 2020, better for everyone. Stimulus bailouts could go directly to the most needed families if possible.

2 months of solid lockdown would be plenty which was before the masks were widely available. The government could afford most of those budget early on instead of later.

If I enter my local church chapel, Walmart or Smith, I have to wear the masks, it's the mandate from the state government.

I wished President Trump would have done it this way back in March and April 2020, better for everyone. Stimulus bailouts could go directly to the most needed families if possible.

Well what they're claiming now is it was corporate welfare and kept housing prices high.

If they gave the cash to the people though there's nothing to buy and wages to be paid with no income in some cases.

The companies still had to pay rent, list thousands in stock if they had perishables and had to throw out crops.

Even the extra welfare money was accused if being racist.

Fixed it for you.
University of Minnesota should be a trustworthy source -
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/07/fauci-us-covid-19-vaccine-likely-early-2021

President Trump already screw up twice during this pandemic - March, 2020 and July 2020, but I believe the 3-strikes-out-rule, so I'm willing to give him 1 more chance before the election.

I understand President Trump likes to gamble on the fortune, let's just hope he can at least get a vaccine before he quits the Oval Office on Jan 20, 2021 -
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/trump-coronavirus-vaccine-october-409248

Given his constant misrepresentation of my posts and continued defiance of common sense, I am officially not answering tuckerkao further in this thread.

Given his constant misrepresentation of my posts and continued defiance of common sense, I am officially not answering tuckerkao further in this thread.
In Japan, the law says hamburgers must be square! Public bathrooms have to have at least two geishas on hand to wash your feet! Cars run on grape juice and all license plates are made out of talc!

And funnily enough a lot of those jobs don't pay well enough to realistically build up the cash reserves to stay at home for three months.
Minimum wage of $14.00 is a must needed policy, like what Kamala Harris said during the beginning of the year, the head of the household should only work 1 full time job to be able to put food on their table and have the roof above their head. Essential jobs should be paid well enough, so people can save some funds after paying the bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom