Coronavirus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're doing brilliant, we're here doing horrible.
Got yesterday a BBC article forwarded saying that intensive care beds are nearly maxed out here again.
I'd expect more measures soon, but I think the government here is too hesitant to enact more.
We should always follow the strategies from the brilliant nations, put away the politics for a month or 2, try every different path at least once.

It's a best case scenario. Won't be available for mass production yet.
At least it's possible, President Trump wants the vaccine to be ready by the end of October 2020.

You're doing brilliant, we're here doing horrible.
Got yesterday a BBC article forwarded saying that intensive care beds are nearly maxed out here again.
I'd expect more measures soon, but I think the government here is too hesitant to enact more.

Sorry that was a daily update not total.

Total Active Cases 79 (27 imported, 52 community)
Hospital 3
ICU 2
Total Deaths 25
Deaths per million. 5

Trending downwards last few days have been 0 or 1 new case in the community.

Trending downwards last few days have been 0 or 1 new case in the community.
Sometimes early winners may lose later, always have to gear up when something smell fishy.

President Trump claimed the 15 Covid cases would go down to 0 soon back late Feb 2020 and he was downplaying the virus, thus New Yorkers were hit really hard during March 2020.

Sometimes early winners may lose later, always have to gear up when something smell fishy.

President Trump claimed the 15 Covid cases would go down to 0 soon back late Feb 2020 and he was downplaying the virus, thus New Yorkers were hit really hard during March 2020.

Trump may be full of crap.

Trump may be full of crap.
Because I believe the 3 Strikes out rule and Trump has already messed up twice during March, 2020 and during July 2020, let's see whether he can deliver the effective vaccine before Jan 20, 2021 without huge amount of Covid outbreaks during the next winter season. If he loses the 3rd opportunity bringing the United States of America back and make it great again, he cannot complain afterwards.

Because I believe the 3 Strikes out rule and Trump has already messed up twice during March, 2020 and during July 2020, let's see whether he can deliver the effective vaccine before Jan 20, 2021 without huge amount of Covid outbreaks during the next winter season. If he loses the 3rd opportunity bringing the United States of America back and make it great again, he cannot complain afterwards.

You're very generous with your strikes.

Where I live, back to School happened the last week, about 30 schools, only in the basque country, have detected allready positive cases and have sent home all their classroomates

Border controls until January 2022
This is a must be resolution until an effective vaccine available. Internal travel for business is good for the economy, but the pandemic needs to be contained first, cannot do it backwards.

This is a must be resolution until an effective vaccine available. Internal travel for business is good for the economy, but the pandemic needs to be contained first, cannot do it backwards.

Well we're going to be 200 (140 usd) billion dollars in the hole.

Proportionally that's the equivalent of 9 or 10 trillion.

As government income bit less than 2 years.

So somewhere between 7-10 trillion equivalent I suppose.

@Zardnaar, has the NZ government really spent two years worth of its regular budget so far? Trying to quickly do the math in my head, I don’t know what they could have spent it all on. Furloughed employees were paid 80% of salary, right? So that would be a big chunk, but how long did that go on for, and how many people did that apply to?

@Zardnaar, has the NZ government really spent two years worth of its regular budget so far? Trying to quickly do the math in my head, I don’t know what they could have spent it all on. Furloughed employees were paid 80% of salary, right? So that would be a big chunk, but how long did that go on for, and how many people did that apply to?

A lot of the "value of stimulus package" figures out there include the value of guarantees and back stops which don't actually mostly need to be paid. Might be the case here.

This is by 2023 or 2024.

They've spent around 50% of the years income so far. Well last year's budget anyway.

The U.S. has the world's 3rd largest population, so it stands to reason the absolute numbers would be higher.

That was mostly just humor but now I'm temped to look for a mortality rate comparison. Got one handy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom