Coronavirus 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On coronavirus news, it seems there is a general line in the Eu to have no country go into a new lockdown. This may backfire, I hope the situation won't escalate regarding victims and deaths.

What on earth are they planning to do about all the new spread then

Trump has the power to end the world now if he wants to regardless his political preference. As long as he's working in the Oval Office, his power is nearly unlimited if lawful.

It's too early to know what will happen, the President seems to perform okay according to the news, wait for a week before making any conclusions -
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...xt-days-crucial-presidents-health/3613288001/

There's an obvious edit removing a coughing fit after he says "therapeutics" in this video, around the 1 minute mark

There's an obvious edit removing a coughing fit after he says "therapeutics" in this video, around the 1 minute mark
If it is edited, it is a very good edit. I can see the instant where it looks like he's going to huff and puff but it's such a clean cut that I personally wouldn't say it's obvious. And that half-shrug motion that he makes which looks like the start of a cough also looks like a physical tic that he always has while speaking off the cuff.

Trump's personal physician did a news conference today where he was confronted with the fact that he lied to the press yesterday. He gave a statement yesterday that Mark Meadows directly contradicted when he went on Fox later in the evening. Trump was a lot more sick than the physician had let on and he was likely diagnosed sooner than they've let on as well. Today his physician started off by admitting that Trump had been given oxygen twice and then elaborated on the first instance. When a journalist asked him to give details on the second oxygen dose instance, the physician went on to give a weird quasi denial about a second oxygen dose despite having admitted to it in his opening statement.

The physician went on to say that Trump is doing better and may even be released from the Hospital as soon as tomorrow but given his lying lies and the lying donkey they rode in on, who flipping knows.

The doctors that NPR had on to provide analysis went on to say that given the treatments that we know for sure that Trump has received as well as the vital signs disclosed such as blood oxygen levels, Trump has a pretty serious case of it. Trump's doctor keeps insisting it's a mild case but you don't treat a mild case this aggressively due to the risk that the experimental treatments might make things worse.

Last edited:
One thing I think is that they may have gotten themselves in trouble by having him release that video (to show how on top of it he is). Because now, any day they don't release such a video, there will be speculation that he isn't doing well.

Spoiler :

Trump drove by supporters outside the hospital just now. He also posted a minute long video talking about how much he'd learned about Covid over the past few days and praising his doctors.

Like Boris Johnson, he looks like as if he had a bad night's sleep. COVID-19 seems to make you look pale and drowsy.
Also does vampirism.
Coronavirus mortality per capita cumulative count as of this morning:

Ranking: Country: Deaths per million population

1: Peru: 987
2: Belgium: 866
3: Bolivia: 689
4=: Brazil: 686
4=: Spain: 686
6: Chile: 674
7: Ecuador: 655
8: USA: 646
9: UK: 623
10: Mexico: 610
11: Italy: 595
12: Sweden: 583

No change in who is in the top 12.

Brazil and Spain competing for 4th place at having it the worse.

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Where do I get to see the figures for only the most recent X days?

Spoiler :

Trump drove by supporters outside the hospital just now. He also posted a minute long video talking about how much he'd learned about Covid over the past few days and praising his doctors.

Do?
lolwut?

He said something like

"I've learnt a lot about this virus, this is the real school(ing?). The real school".

Sounds to me he's going to do a Boris. He's frightened and had a brush with death. He'll live, of course. They'll rip the lungs out of some teen for him if they need to. He'll live, get back up, be shaken for a week or two, have a momentary change of heart, look decent, pass a few measures that actively work.

Then his ego will come back and he'll be sucked off so much for being a survivor, a strong man, all that. He'll toss all that out the window and be his old self.

Then his ego will come back and he'll be sucked off so much for being a survivor, a strong man, all that. He'll toss all that out the window and be his old self.
This is basically why I wasn't cheering when Jair Bolsonaro got infected. I read some Brazilian newspapers so I knew already that the above would happen. At best.

Second wave is officially here:

Untitled.png

Looks like we are determined to stay on the 4-th place by total number of infections.

Spoiler :

Yeah, they've realized what I said. They're going to have to do a proof of life (and alpha male vitality) every day.

Ten days no new cases in New South Wales, no net unknown source cases since early September, and nothing new anywhere outside Victoria for ages.

Contact tracing unit of NSW Health deserve medals, they seem to have achieved elimination, or very close to it, in the wake of super spreader events without needing a lockdown.

Also they're letting NZers into the country without quarantine, either now or soon.

Last edited:
What on earth are they planning to do about all the new spread then

What they always wanted to do: nothing at all. It's too hard for the economy and all that... in reality it would require controlling borders, something the european governments do not want to do for a number of reasons I have gone into previously and would be kind of off-topic to post about here. Suffice to say: the real reason european governments refuse to make any effort to eradicate the virus is that they know it'd require controlling borders tightly and they do not want to do that. Only the asians embarrassed those governments into some action in the spring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom