Coronavirus: awaiting for the new wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's been a matter of jokes that she asked Russians not to drink on New Year.
But as developer said, aside of usual negative effects of alcohol, it won't particularly reduce vaccine effectiveness.

NZs screwed if we can't drink.

I want back in Summer. It was warm and restrictions were eased.
Took this picture in July:

sparrow.png

I made my last post about worldometer list of countries and territories (which uses the UN Geoscheme), and which areas were not on the list, way back in May.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/coronavirus-2-the-flattening.656751/page-93#post-15759762

Since then some have been removed (added to worldometer list), so here is my updated list.

Removed since May 13th (have reported cases since then):
Marshall Islands
Samoa
Vanuatu
Wallis and Futuna Islands
Solomon Islands

American Samoa (listed under USA totals)

Worldometer current country/territory count of areas that have/had cases of coronavirus: 218

Note: Some listed in the categories below had suspected cases, but especially early on (April, May) lacked testing capabilities:

Countries with no official cases, ever
Cook Islands
Kiribati
Micronesia
Nauru
Niue
Palau
Tonga

No 'official' cases, but data is suspect to say the least:
Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North Korea/'Best' Korea)
Turkmenistan ('Coronavirus' BANNED)

Territories, with no cases I know of, but might be included in another countries totals, if and when they do get a case.
Perhaps CFCers from UK/AU/NZ can help me find information if these areas did have a case, otherwise the information I find is they have not.

Cocos Islands (Australia)
Norfolk Island (Australia)
Pitcairn (UK)-population 50
Saint Helena (UK)
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (UK)-population 20
Tokelau (New Zealand)

*Christmas Island (Australia)*
*Not sure this belongs on list, it was used as a quarantine zone for those coming to Australia. Haven't heard of any of the locals getting infected.

Uninhabited, or just scientists and military temporarily stationed there, so will probably never be on the Worldometer 'country and territory' list
Antarctica
Bouvet Island
British Indian Ocean Territory
French Southern Territories
Heard Island and McDonald Islands
Svalbard and the Jan Mayen Islands
United States Minor Outlying Islands (USA)-the main wiki page says population 300, but when I look up each island they are all uninhabited except Palmyra Atoll with 4-20 scientists.

Last edited:
Note that on most of those sovereign Pacific island nations the only cases are overseas arrivals with cases in quarantine, they've never had any local cases and remain COVID free in the sense that matters.

The FDA advisory panel has voted 17-4 to recommend emergency use authorization of the Pfizer mRNA vaccine.

Here we go!

There is some minor concern the vaccine will train the human body to also destroy fetuses thanks to a Facebook post, but I'm sure the fertility worries will be quelled with more data.

Note that on most of those sovereign Pacific island nations the only cases are overseas arrivals with cases in quarantine, they've never had any local cases and remain COVID free in the sense that matters.

This I think the Samoan one was a false positive from NZ or a weak maybe.

Tokelau wouldn't be in our totals afaik.

We're helping the Pacific Islands out with testing and logistics afaik as they don't have the facilities.

every statistic from New Turkey is fake unless proven otherwise

we were hearing the daily jump was about 800 000 or 1 200 000 depending on which data set was being used ; possibly can not be an extra 700 ? Only number 8 in the world for total cases ? And they are still not telling the correct number of deaths . (Because free vaccines from something called Covax , we are assured)

well , we can always race for the top on technicalities . How about most deaths per thousand cases ? lt would give me irritation enough to blow up a couple of American satellites to actually study anything for real ; if our actual deaths were , say , 250% higher , would that gain any gold medals for New Turkey ?

It's because restrictions bwere eased in summer you're getting bigger problems now.

Indeed. This problem could have been solved for good in large portions of the world during the summer. It was the ideal time, number of cases had already been brought low by the spring lockdowns.

But the irrationality persists... now complemented with the cult to the saviour vaccines that so far as we know do not confer immunity but somehow are supposed to make further restrictions unnecessary and "recover the economy". Magical thinking is alive and kicking, blessed by incompetent rulers and their pet experts.

I'm got a runny nose. Very annoying to worry/wonder about covid every time I feel the slightest bit off. My taste/smell is fine.
I feel you dude. I've had a few severe allergy days due to wildfire smoke and each time I get nervous.
If President Trump has to demand the FDA head to approve the Pfizer vaccine today or face the resignation, then Trump is not much different than a dictator.
I'm convinced he only did this because in his mind, having a vaccine approved will make people rise up to demand he stay in power. If he had won reelection, he'd be totally disinterested.

apparently , though with the provision that such numbers can always involve some specific political tricks , a million people got well and recovered from coronavirus in a single day . Now , this is surely worth a gold medal for New Turkey . Was ı surprised ? Like why would ı ?

The PM of Eswatini just died of COVID, I think this is the second head of state or head of government to die from COVID after the president of Burundi in June.

New Zealand Australia travel bubble from early next year, ie two-way travel without quarantine requirements.

Hopefully able to connect up with some other COVID-free or essentially COVID-free countries soon too.

New Zealand Australia travel bubble from early next year, ie two-way travel without quarantine requirements.

Hopefully able to connect up with some other COVID-free or essentially COVID-free countries soon too.

Mostly going to be holiday resorts for Aussies/Kiwis in South Pacific.

The PM of Eswatini just died of COVID, I think this is the second head of state or head of government to die from COVID after the president of Burundi in June.

And thus I learned that Swaziland changed name.

Makes sense.
And if only there were many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom