Coronavirus: Free the Jab!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been years since I followed the olympics, and even more since I've been at a stadium - that was when Kyniska won, the first female winner of the event :mischief:

Worst Greek ever. It's like being an NZer and not knowing who the captain of the All Blacks is.

I guess the japanese can be very pissed but still attempt to go through the motions?
Speculation: PM Suga could call the whole thing off even now. The prefectural governors, what decisions they have are less clear—would they lose funding if they unilaterally barred the competitions? Tokyo is not the only host; there are other prefectures where events are being held. The I-C, hallowed be thy name, of course, will never cancel in a million years for obviou$ rea$on$.

Suga’s problems are twofold: he’s got to stay in power within his own party and win over the electorate at large. Cancelling the whole thing now would be a huge about-face and he’d look weak even if it’s a sensible and popular decision. Furthermore, anecdotally, I’m hearing from my friends that Suga thinks the thing will be a boost to patriotism and thus boost his election chances.

My hometown's underground has published a video showing how the stations are disinfected

https://twitter.com/metrobilbaoeus/status/1417087054186434565

We deserve five pandemics more

Don't worry about how they fail at pretending to disinfect, worry about them still thinking this security theater is of any use. People should know that the virus is airborne, that transmission is through aerosols more than anything else and that disinfecting surfaces was a misdirection to provide a false sense of security. Mask. Ventilate. And keep the places that cannot be ventilated with very little use.

It's a mild summer here and the fools who run the vaccination program and the testing program are often doing it in small buildings, with windows closed! In other places it's big buildings and even outdoor tents. The correct thing would be outdoor tents now, and big open buildings when the weather required shelter.
No one is explaining to the people on the ground what they should and should not do, ignorance still reigns. Those who know about the epidemiology of this virus do it properly, those who don't do it in a way that may actually be helping it spread :rolleyes: the top people directing the thing are ignorant fools.

Last edited:
This is a serious mistake.

If the ship were small 17 days might make the risk of the virus circulating and spreading among crew members small - though not null. With such a big crew that is a big risk. It is not proper quarantine.

Article covers that. They were all vaccinated, sill have to pass a test and there's no reported sickness on the boat.

Travel bubble with Australia collapsed. The Canadian crew safer than that.

Vaccinated status is meaningless for excluding the virus, vaccines don't prevent infection. Tests on embarkation fail, it would require two or three successive tests 5 days apart to be certain that someone infected but not yet detectable didn't pass. If they took such tests during the ship's trip and they were all negative then it's ok. If not this is a mistake.

This, and other such incidents have me wondering: is it possible to improve whatever tests there are? If there are, what’s the cost of doing so and why wouldn’t we already be doing it?

Whether the policy is extermination or “containment,” having more accurate information makes it more likely.

Don't worry about how they fail at pretending to disinfect, worry about them still thinking this security theater is of any use. People should know that the virus is airborne, that transmission is through aerosols more than anything else and that disinfecting surfaces was a misdirection to provide a false sense of security. Mask. Ventilate. And keep the places that cannot be ventilated with very little use.

It's a mild summer here and the fools who run the vaccination program and the testing program are often doing it in small buildings, with windows closed! In other places it's big buildings and even outdoor tents. The correct thing would be outdoor tents now, and big open buildings when the weather required shelter.
No one is explaining to the people on the ground what they should and should not do, ignorance still reigns. Those who know about the epidemiology of this virus do it properly, those who don't do it in a way that may actually be helping it spread :rolleyes: the top people directing the thing are ignorant fools.

I worry because in my experience people who perform this kind of charades without taking care of details, usually does not take care of details while having to act in truth.
It is a farce because they do it without taking care that disenfecting surfaces does not worth. I accept that the video was thought for social media, okie, however it is a double farce because it is done poorly, almost comical, and nobody in the whole proccess has realised that they were filming a tragicomedy.
How is this people going to keep the metro disinfected? Even in pandemic they have 150k users per day.
It is terrific.

Been in the Norwich shops Monday and Tuesday, most people still wearing
face masks and respecting distancing in so much as the latter is possible.

I think there is a sort of general view that if Boris said OK for legal restrictions to
end 19 July, then, clearly it isn't. I have the suspicion that if he had said restrictions
should continue, people would have similarly disbelieved him and ignored them;
so I am increasingly cynical whether government policy makes much difference.

Those who weren't wearing masks tended to be late middle aged, female, large
and looking as if they were about to fall over merely from the heat exhaustion.

Anecdotally, less and less people where I live wear masks, and the general population here have been resistant to most anti-Covid measures for the past year. I don't know why, people aren't a single entity with all the same reasons and motivations, but I can't help but wonder that the government messaging and also their own immunity to breaking the rules each time has helped contribute to people not caring. Folks don't seem to think they'll get it until they do, and there are frequent cases that cause things to shut down (which has happened multiple times over the past year).

Are people still wearing those stupid polyurethane ones? It's even worse when they got their big booger blaster hanging out of it. They look idiotic.

masks.jpg

Sorry, I'm going to half-butt my translation here: Fugaku, the world's fastest supercomputer, did a simulation of mask effectiveness types. From left to right: no mask, nonwoven mask, fabric mask, polyurethane mask, face shield, mouth shield.

Top: percent of particles blown out (no mask 100% because... no mask)
Bottom: particles breathed in (see above)

The last bit there around the face and mouth shields say that they have no effectiveness at preventing small particles (do not stop aerosols)

Actually, I used more than half my butt for the translation since I translated the whole picture!

The *2 percentages come not from a computer simulation but actual tests run by Toyohashi University of Technology

Are people still wearing those stupid polyurethane ones? It's even worse when they got their big booger blaster hanging out of it. They look idiotic.

View attachment 603048

Sorry, I'm going to half-butt my translation here: Fugaku, the world's fastest supercomputer, did a simulation of mask effectiveness types. From left to right: no mask, nonwoven mask, fabric mask, polyurethane mask, face shield, mouth shield.

Top: percent of particles blown out (no mask 100% because... no mask)
Bottom: particles breathed in (see above)

The last bit there around the face and mouth shields say that they have no effectiveness at preventing small particles (do not stop aerosols)

Actually, I used more than half my butt for the translation since I translated the whole picture!

The *2 percentages come not from a computer simulation but actual tests run by Toyohashi University of Technology
I like this design of mask, though without the valve would be better. Why so many use the ears as fixture points I do not know, the whole head is much better. I have one like this, and it has doe me the whole pandemic (was not new when it started).

What’s that red thing for?

I get the disposable ones. Wear once, throw away. Spend about ¥1,000/month, that’s about $10 USD. Made in ROC! Good quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom