Coronavirus MP Challenge II?

JPetroski

Deity
SLeague Staff
Is anyone up for starting another game? I really enjoyed our match of American Kingdoms and would like to play everyone again in another scenario. Ideally one that offers fairly short turns, which was one of the nice things about AK.

I was thinking perhaps Warlords of Bitterfrost as it's a colony builder and could be fun, but there have been several recent ToT conversions and if someone wanted to play something different, I'd be open. I'd just prefer not to start some giant scenario like Imperialism just yet (selfishly because I'm hoping to "save you all" for a match of Cold War eventually).

If we went with Bitterfrost, I would like to play one of the seafaring tribes. Either the Zatarn Rebels (1st choice) or the Kaneg Pirates (2nd).

Please post the latest version and let's see if we can get some interest!

Anyone else interested in this? The game starts with minimal units and you're looking at perhaps 1-2 minutes per turn until things heat up, so everyone should probably be able to squeeze in a turn each day (time zones notwithstanding). I would anticipate it will be winter before this will be a huge time suck if we get going pretty soon. It's a 500 turn scenario which is a lot for MP but on the other hand no one has anywhere to go indefinitely and the turns are short enough that we should be able to move through this pretty quickl.

I'd prefer to wait until we have at least 4-5 players, if we can get them. @techumseh @Fairline @Prof. Garfield ?

If we can't get 4 I'd still play with 3! Frankly, with so many turns, less may be more and it would still be more fun than just playing the AI.

Also, things happen in MP games but as a reminder, they're games. I was kind of prickly the past few days and hope my behavior hasn't dissuaded others either. I've got a lot going on outside of here lately and maybe the stress bled into this place a bit more than I'd like.

Thanks, but you never know with text. I'm convinced if all of us just met once a week at a bar instead of communicating exclusively through the written word, half the issues over the years would never have been so.

Anyway, we can still wait a few days before starting but if we did go with three for now, what do you think of this for a rule:

-For the first 60 turns the three of us agree not to capture any of the main civ AI cities, or unnecessarily weaken their armies/navies (killing pesky units that threaten your land/trade routes is one thing, but don't crush them) so that if someone changed their mind later on, they'd have something to play as (we could always spot them a little cash or a few settlers/cheat-built cities to get them up to speed to compensate for the idiotic AI). That would give roughly 2 months of play for the summer to cool and boredom to set in. We seem to pick up new members who pop in for one post or two and then fade away. Maybe one of them will see this and decide they'd like to play (I think it would be a good scenario for someone who wants more of a "traditional civ game" feel as everyone starts with 1(?) city and needs to settle and build up others.

Everything is good for me. :)
A written word is always difficult, especially if the language you are writing isn´t your first language. I learned english at school but I never was a perfect english speaker.
That´s why I always use an online dictionary like dict.leo.org and google translater to ensure that I don´t write something which could hurt someone in whatever way or could be misunderstand.

If I should ever write something misunderstanding, please let me know.

Very late to the party here. I haven't played this version of Bitterfrost. Are the civs balanced for MP in this one?

From the readme there are several main civs and some underdogs again but im not sure which is what. Curt, can you please shed some light?

I can say that the map seems pretty balanced as everyone should start with an opportunity to grow and expand without running into each other for awhile. Also, everyone has access to trade with everyone else as there is a large ocean here that goes all the way around the map.

There are several "continents" for trade purposes. My civ starts on a different one than the others, so everyone has a human player target destination for good trade bonuses.

It does look like I'll have to fight for new cities while everyone else will have the opportunity to fight for some but also settle many more as you have wide open space. On the other hand, if I want to expand ill need to have a disconnected empire across several islands (which others might get to first) while all of you can probably build something contiguous. All the same you will need to make colonizing a focus because if you just capture cities, I'll become much larger, so keep that in mind.

This one is a bit more balanced, and each group has a good chance of gaining power. The main goal is to build an empire, not really wiping each other out.
Lots of scope for trading techs, and plenty of barb cities to overthrow, and no paratrooping spies and no expensive buidlings to sell, fueling dirty tactics! ;)

It's a slower start, lots of turns to build up power. But things do get interesting.

What civs are the "main" civs as opposed to the "for a challenge" civs, Curt?

Top Bottom