Corporation frustration

shakabrade

Praise Vivec!
Why, oh why, can't I trade my iron to someone who hasn't got any for their 7 fish I need fot my Sushi outright?

But no, I need 7 trades for that in which I lose too much. And if AI doesn't have any gpt, I am practically forced to give my Iron away. :mad:

Even if I manage to balance all that somehow with buying fish for gold then selling iron for gold, it annoys me that you basically need to do that every 10 turns, since AI reevaluate their deals.

Don't you find that PITA?

First thing: that's life.
Second: Why can't I trade right away once the corporation is founded, but has to wait a second city to lift their "You're joking, right?" excuse for corps resources?

First thing: that's life.
Second: Why can't I trade right away once the corporation is founded, but has to wait a second city to lift their "You're joking, right?" excuse for corps resources?

Oh yeah? Then next time you want to buy 3 chocolate bars, enter the market, buy one, pay with 50 canadian dollars and say keep the change, then exit the market, then repeat 2 more times if that's life. :mad::D

And that second thing you said too!

Are you paying attention to diplo? I never have any trouble trading for additional corps resources. Usually, I find myself turning down spontaneous offers by the AIs because I don't want any more of what they are offereing or getting two or three of the corps resources plus some gold in exchange for one of something that I have in excess.

Are you paying attention to diplo? I never have any trouble trading for additional corps resources. Usually, I find myself turning down spontaneous offers by the AIs because I don't want any more of what they are offereing or getting two or three of the corps resources plus some gold in exchange for one of something that I have in excess.

I think you missed the point a bit. I am whining about AI having 7 excess fish willing to trade but one by one instead of all of them at once, and my strategic resource has to be traded for only one fish and it could be traded for all of them.

@Tachy
One more thing about that's life.
In life you often get buy 3 and get one for free deals.

Yes, you are correct that I misunderstood what you were whining about.

7 Fishes are mean, in my last Writeup Lizzy had 11, and I only got them by the trick you stated, buy one for GPT, get the GPT back in the next trade with some other Fishes on plus, buy again for GPT, a.s.o. .

What I ask myself:

• Why can't I get Ressources for a specified amount of time for a tech for example?
  • Why don't I get positive / negative Diplo if gifting Units to someone?
  • Why does Iron sometimes cost more GPT than my complete Empire makes?

And those are just some of my questions ...

Sera

[EDIT]

Got 2 other ones: Why do my Mining Inc Execs fail if I got already Sushi in a City (stupid 10% chance or whatever) and why do Furs and Whales absolete?

7 Fishes are mean, in my last Writeup Lizzy had 11, and I only got them by the trick you stated, buy one for GPT, get the GPT back in the next trade with some other Fishes on plus, buy again for GPT, a.s.o. .

What I ask myself:

• Why can't I get Ressources for a specified amount of time for a tech for example?
  • Why don't I get positive / negative Diplo if gifting Units to someone?
  • Why does Iron sometimes cost more GPT than my complete Empire makes?

And those are just some of my questions ...

Sera

[EDIT]

Got 2 other ones: Why do my Mining Inc Execs fail if I got already Sushi in a City (stupid 10% chance or whatever) and why do Furs and Whales absolete?

And if AI has 0gpt, it'll raise some slider with your money and will again have no gpt.
Missionary and Exec failing really have no sense. I have played numerous games where they always failed and also games where they never failed. Like it is designed to annoy people, especially poor HoF fellas.

Furs, Whales and Ivory should only obsolete with environmentalism in my book since modern Japan still hunts whales, and Furs are worn now as a luxury more than ever. Ivory has always been used for figurines and shiny stuff, but most if not all countries now forbid ivory so I can live with that.

Regarding furs, I would make them a health resource until medieval era when they would become luxury. Health resource since furs as a clothing prevented you from getting cold. :D Later, it was only to show off.

I like the furs idea.

I agree the trade thing is a pain, but its pretty rare for my I can't get a crab/fish/something else for my one iron anyway.

And I don't like stocking too much new fish all at once anyway, gpt costs take a while to recoup.

Missionary and Exec failing really have no sense. I have played numerous games where they always failed and also games where they never failed. Like it is designed to annoy people, especially poor HoF fellas.
I have seen where only one religion's missionaries failed. They were all Jewish. Not a good thing to see.

Top Bottom