1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Corporations MODs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by ArbogLi, Oct 3, 2010.

1. ArbogLi

ArbogLi Chieftain

Hi everybody.

This time I'm uploading a new mod with new buildings: Corporation. There are five corporations following the idea of [civ4].

As always, I hope you enjoy it and suggestion, bug, etc. tell me.

PS: someone know how update mods? In the mod I uploades I put in the explanation thar Arbog petroleum give +15% in production but is in gold and I can't change. :(

2. Doubleplusgood3

Doubleplusgood3 Chieftain

Haven't played this mod yet, don't have Civ on this computer but I have a few questions.

1. Does the bonus come from the building and is the amount of buildings limited by the number of resources?

2. Why does Civ Constructions produce food?

3. Do you need to spread the corporation? If I don't build the headquarters can I still build the buildings? Is there a limit to headquarters in one city? Also, what tech do you need to start building headquarters.

At any rate I look forward to playing this bad boy when I get home.

3. ArbogLi

ArbogLi Chieftain

Answering question...

The are five "world wonder" that are the Corp. Headquarters. All headquarters give 5 gold and are required to can build the delegations. You can build one delegation of each type in one city and if you have in two cities, for example Jewel Inc, you will need 2 units of Gems.

Civ Contructions is "The world architech corporation", bigger and better buildings and more people can live in every building, so if there can be more people: more food.

As I have said before, if you already have the Headquarters in one of your cities you can build the delegation in other of your cities and to don't see an "super-fast" expancion of delegation they are a bit expensibes.

4. omglazers

omglazers Warlord

Haven't gotten to test this mod out yet, but I'd love to see something corporations-like added in.

Thanks for looking into it :D

5. donschmiddy

donschmiddy Chieftain

in my opinion there aren't enough ressources for you build cooperations, however if you were to give numers an stuff to natural ressources to you might be able....
    second you can maybe add several ressources, say like copper, salt, clay, (just open a chemisty book :D ) as strategic ressources.

(now my own idea :D ) you have military, martime, and cultural city states, why don't we ad like cooperations headquaters and the drop of employes every couple of turns.
    if moved to a city you can spread their coop. to the city enabling you to build specific buuilding which consume ressources....

6. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

this forum is for completed mods, if you have not released the modpack, then this should be moved to customizations.

7. ArbogLi

ArbogLi Chieftain

The mod is finished, the only thing that I must change is the mistake I said (a simple word) so I think that is OK here.

8. JDexter

JDexter Prince

Sorry, I don't get that. More people = more food NEEDED - unless, of course, you EAT the people.
    Maybe call it something along the lines of Sid's Sushi like in Civ4.

9. ArbogLi

ArbogLi Chieftain

But in Civ4 we have fish, rice, etc. In Civ5 we only have luxury resources and strategic resources, the rest only give bonuses to the city where they are.

10. Evalis

Evalis Prince

People can eat iron! Iron is good for you!

That aside.. you can make buildings require more than one resource, and more than one type of resource I believe. Why not make the resources requirements heftier and make the corporation buildings mutually exclusive?

11. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

Personally I think civ 5 lacks the resources for this to have a big impact. Especially gems are very rare.

I had done this per resource type. For example, sid's sushi=fish, whale pearls (oysters!)

or

builders=iron, marble aluminium

canned beef??? = cow, sheep, deer

12. MindXX

MindXX Chieftain

Interesting,

When will the Mod be out?

13. Evalis

Evalis Prince

I don't think cow sheep and deer count as resources unfortunately. Plus I tend to build academies over them anyway so I would miss out on all that tasty canned beef ;P

14. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

How about...

Canned beef academy

15. Plasmabunny

Plasmabunny Chieftain

Mr. Beefson had a choice, he could of wasted his talents and life researching new ways to kill people, or he could do something more substantial... more important... He could devise new ways to store meat. He spent his life and fortune funding the creation of the Beefson Academy, to further the science of savory.

In every can of Beefson's Meats, you find thousands of years of innovation and devotion. Remember, when you think meat, think Beefson. He certainly did.

16. Spendoza

Spendoza Chieftain

I don't want to look like a Grade-A Moron, but is Canned Beef Academy anything like Bovine University?
    edit: :lol:

17. TheChanger

TheChanger Warlord

Come on up! got our fine beef products, Lean Beef, Sirloin Steaks and the new Educated Beef! now with 300% more inteligence!