Corporations that gently screw over others.

deadliver

Loud Mouth Amateur
What about having corps/guilds/cults that inflict penalties on other civs while providing them with bonuses that pale in comparison to what the parent civ gets? So the Khazad hate the fact you spread a Death Cult to their city (even though they gain a slight bonus), because they lose a couple points of food, health (or whatever).

In the meantime you gain commerce or something else.

Love the idea! :goodjob:
Nothing like leeching of of a civ and saying 'You get benefits too.....mine are just better! :D'

I like the idea with one stipulation: there needs to be a counter. There is currently no way to remove, prevent, or cancel corporations, and there needs to be one before you start adding negative effects.

Since you also seem to be fishing for ideas, here are a few:
-Khazad accountants - provides a minor production bonus at a small cost (auditors increasing efficiency) but gives a significant profit to the headquarters.
-Anti-magic cult - consumes all mana resources (increasing the maintenance cost) in exchange for a very tiny amount of culture.
-Militant environmentalists - health and happiness boost, but a chance to destroy nearby terrain improvements.
-A corrupt scholarly order that provides a science boost but gives visibility of all cities it's in to the owner of the headquarters.

I like the idea with one stipulation: there needs to be a counter. There is currently no way to remove, prevent, or cancel corporations, and there needs to be one before you start adding negative effects.

-Khazad accountants - provides a minor production bonus at a small cost (auditors increasing efficiency) but gives a significant profit to the headquarters.
-Anti-magic cult - consumes all mana resources (increasing the maintenance cost) in exchange for a very tiny amount of culture.
-Militant environmentalists - health and happiness boost, but a chance to destroy nearby terrain improvements.
-A corrupt scholarly order that provides a science boost but gives visibility of all cities it's in to the owner of the headquarters.

LOL when I am not fishing for ideas.

As far as a counter goes, how about unit that can audit cities, basically an inquisitor for corporations, minors cults.

LOL when I am not fishing for ideas.

As far as a counter goes, how about unit that can audit cities, basically an inquisitor for corporations, minors cults.

I'd already had a guild-inquisition planned, since I'm going to use a few for Cults. Probably leave the regular guilds out of the spell, however... They don't have any bad effect, only benefit would be the ability to royally screw your opponent. But Inquisition doesn't work in non-team cities either, I'll stick with that precedent.

I especially like the Khazad idea.... Basically renting out their auditors. :lol:

Death Cult FTW!

Empowers undead summoned in the city at the cost of either happiness, healthiness or food cost. Probably food cost, (though when I tried to make slave markets penalize food storage by 10% it did not work :(

Or it could give a bump to mages with death 1.

I'd already had a guild-inquisition planned, since I'm going to use a few for Cults. Probably leave the regular guilds out of the spell, however... They don't have any bad effect, only benefit would be the ability to royally screw your opponent. But Inquisition doesn't work in non-team cities either, I'll stick with that precedent.

I especially like the Khazad idea.... Basically renting out their auditors. :lol:

Inquisition actually does work in non-team cities - they just have to have already converted to your state religion.

If it's possible to code, what would be best is either an event pop-up when the spell is done that asks you which guild you want to remove, or a separate spell for each guild. That would be a lot better than trying to set objectively 'good' or 'bad' corporations to determine which ones get affected, since ideally the new ones could be either depending on the situation.

Top Bottom