Corps broken by patch?

PendragonWRB

Prince
Anyone having problems forming a core on a pre-patch saved game? I have two corps from before the patch, but cannot make another.

I can confirm, two different games post-patch, and I cannot form Corps after researching the civic. After researching to Army, I can form with not problem, but Corps is a no-go.

As per usual, Civ is broken.

Works for me.

some wrote something like this when loading a pre patch save ,iirc the solution was to discover the civic allowing armies. If you already did the chances are you are f...

I just started a brand new game on a vanilla installation 1.0.0.229, and no matter which nation I play, I cannot build Corps after Nationalism civic. I have to wait for Mobilization to form an Army.
I've never had a mod installed, and I never had this problem until the R&F patch.

I'm never sure that corps are that useful - which is more powerful: two attacks from two artillery units or one attack from an artillery corps? Sure, there are occasions when only one hex is in range, but I don't see a commensurate increase in combat strength from merging two units.

I'm never sure that corps are that useful - which is more powerful: two attacks from two artillery units or one attack from an artillery corps? Sure, there are occasions when only one hex is in range, but I don't see a commensurate increase in combat strength from merging two units.

The benefit is more immediately obvious with Melee units, who take damage with each attack. A corps will take less damage on a successful attack than two individual units will take attacking sequentially.

No doubt, sometimes the tactical situation will benefit having multiple units, other times it's preferable to concentrate firepower into a single tile. Actual generals would divide and concentrate formations based on the current need, but that would be too finicky for Civ, I think.

I tend to overlook corps/armies in discussions about good design features in Civ 6, but they add an interesting aspect to the game play and were a great inclusion, I think.

I think of corps and armies as a mechanism for extending the life of an experienced and/or unique unit. At a certain point, enemy melee units are too strong for the Eagle Warrior to enslave. But if you form an Eagle Warrior army, you can continue capturing later into the game.

Update: the Spring Update has fixed this bug, and I can again build Corps after the Nationalism civic.
Note: It's too bad it took two months for a fix. Firaxis doesn't seem to care much about their customers.

I never had any problem with this in the past few months. Always worked for me. I always form corps for the mobilization inspiration.

I never had any problem with this in the past few months. Always worked for me. I always form corps for the mobilization inspiration.
I don't even know where to begin with you.
First, Mobilization isn't an inspiration, it's a civic. Second, it comes well AFTER the Nationalism civic, and has nothing to do with building Corps. Third, its purpose is to build an ARMY out of three units.
In spite of your befuddled response, plenty of us DID have issues building a two-unit Corps after Nationalism, and offered saves and details without any assistance. There were even some mods made to repair this bug.

First, Mobilization isn't an inspiration, it's a civic. Second, it comes well AFTER the Nationalism civic, and has nothing to do with building Corps. Third, its purpose is to build an ARMY out of three units.
In spite of your befuddled response, plenty of us DID have issues building a two-unit Corps after Nationalism, and offered saves and details without any assistance. There were even some mods made to repair this bug.

I believe the comment was saying that they formed 3 corps in order to get the inspiration for Mobilization, so didn't have any trouble with forming corps at the correct time.

I'm not arguing that people didn't have problems, but I never saw an issue myself either, so there was definitely more going on with this problem than something that was completely broken for everybody.

It wasn't a problem for everybody. People who added Rise & Fall did not experience this bug, as noted in this thread and others. For the rest of us playing vanilla Civ 6, it appeared to be a problem (that is now fixed).

Sorry you didn't like my response. Not sure why you feel the need to be hostile about it.

Moderator Action: Please discuss the issue and not each other --Noble Zarkon

First of all it is an inspiration since it is a civic like you correctly noted (Eurekas are for techs - I just looked it up to make sure I didn't reverse them and yes Eurekas are for techs). And yes it does require you to make 3 corps to get that inspiration. Nothing is incorrect about my post except I didn't realize this was a Vanilla only problem. I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom