Corruption from a different POV

gorilladf

Chieftain
I just realised somthing from a post by Julian:

" Another cure for corruption

Some people have been complaining about corruption. I figured out that you can reduce the corruption level by increasing the value in the "optimal number of cities" field in the "world sizes" section of the rules editor. Changes affect also old games. You just have to play a single turn to see the effects."

Firaxes made it so you should have a HUGE hard time becoming too big! I actually like that Idea. I think they might have made it a little too tight, but heck, now we can change it.

I think now that people know that there is an OPTIMAL number of cities, they can plan ahead. I will try not to change this number, but keep it in mind for my strategies. Maybe I will build the forbiden palace before I reach this OPTIMAL number of cities.

So how many people will just change the number, and how many will just take it into consideration?

Can someone please post the numbers for these optimal sizes for the pre-defined map sizes (I think there were 5 sizes?)

Someone posted a couple numbers. I think the smallest map had an optimal number of cities = 8, and for a huge map a value of 32.

But then if you go over, is it sudden, or just a gradually worsening situation with each new city?

Top Bottom