Cosmetic and Map issues

Kalimakhus

Emperor
There are some minor low priority issues that some may notice. I think while it is not time for HoTK team to attend to such issues, keeping track of them would help when the team members have some time to come around to solving them.

Map issue: Some resources are placed on peaks!! So far I noticed two of these. I will provide a screen shot once I have the opportunity.

There are some minor low priority issues that some may notice. I think while it is not time for HoTK team to attend to such issues, keeping track of them would help when the team members have some time to come around to solving them.

Map issue: Some resources are placed on peaks!! So far I noticed two of these. I will provide a screen shot once I have the opportunity.

Yes, screenshot is definitely appreciated:goodjob:

51_51 and 81_81 maps are newly made, so they may contain some Bugs.

I've just noticed a third resource (Sugar) on a peak in Liu Zhang territory. Now Liu Zhang can work peaks due to his civ trait so I am not sure if this is actually intended. Peaks still impassable but for Liu Zhang the resource will still be useful as it adds to tile yield. (I am playing on the 81_81 map which BTW is an excellent map).

Some additional text issues I noticed:

Attachments

• TXT_KEY0000.JPG
    TXT_KEY0000.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 151
  • TXT_KEY0001.JPG
    TXT_KEY0001.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 115
  • TXT_KEY0002.JPG
    TXT_KEY0002.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 126
Two text overlaps on the main screen (although I'm not sure how that 2nd one top left could be fixed):

Attachments

• text overlap0000.JPG
    text overlap0000.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 105
  • text overlap 20000.JPG
    text overlap 20000.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 118
It can be solved by changing the way the text is arranged (in CvMainScreen.py). For instance give the two boxes a larger height and put the text in two lines rather than one. This would be a lot of work. A simpler alternative is to come up with a different way for expressing the date and era names so they would fit in the area available.

When selection a unit that is part of Legion, the experience does not show up when the line is too long. In this pic, it shows:

Code:
Experience  10/13 (...

The exp for the Legion got cut off. If you pop up the Legion window, it shows the experience of the Heroes, but it does not show what's the amount of XP needed for the next level.

Attachments

• unit-stats.PNG
    unit-stats.PNG
    68.9 KB · Views: 92
I really like the new start screen(s).:goodjob:

But why not, instead of the small lettertype double name at the top right of the 1st screen, insert the name(s) of the creator(s) instead?;)

I really like the new start screen(s).:goodjob:

But why not, instead of the small lettertype double name at the top right of the 1st screen, insert the name(s) of the creator(s) instead?;)

um the small name at the top of the main menu gets its name from the mods folder name. If the mod's main folder name was __________ (insert anything) thats what it would say there.

I was wondering if it was possible to change the leaders in the scenarios. Or at least make all the leaders availible for each civ. Anyone know?

We discussed possibly changing the leader midway, maybe even automatically done for the AI (like RFC) and giving the human a choice. I would LOVE to play Sima Yi (who's got the best traits ever).

Ma Chao's got it all going on for me. Throw in Wu Wei, damn, there'd be no stopping the hordes.

I was wondering if the auto leader changing was in place when I noticed Li Jue running Dong Zhou's empire, but nevermind.

No, it hasn't been implemented yet. I think Dong Zhuo's name's still there because he was already killed by 196 AD.
Wu Wei is OK in the large map, in the small and huge maps there's absolutely no rivers and lots of desert so it can't really grow that big for producing those units. Chang An is much better for experienced units.

I was wondering if it was possible to change the leaders in the scenarios. Or at least make all the leaders availible for each civ. Anyone know?

The leader on a certain scenario could be changed by these steps:

First, come to the Public Map folder under the HoTK's main mod folder
Then, you will see many .CivBeyondSwordWBSave files. They are the map files of this mod. Right-click the one you want to change, and choose Open with... then choose txt or any other kind of txt tools to open it.
Next, search the leader name you want to change, note that the leader name was in the form of XX_XX(All in UPPER CASE). For example, if you want to change Ma Teng into Ma Chao, then you need to search "MA_TENG", and you will see:
LeaderType=LEADER_MA_TENG
you just need to change it into
LeaderType=LEADER_MA_CHAO

That's all for changing a leader in a scenario

If you want to switch the whole civ to another, for example, from Ma Teng to Zang Ba, you need to do a little more. You should change all the "MA_TENG" into "ZANG_BA"

LeaderType=LEADER_MA_TENG
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_MA_TENG
CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_MA_TENG_DESC
CivShortDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_MA_TENG_SHORT_DESC
CivAdjective=TXT_KEY_CIV_MA_TENG_ADJECTIVE
FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Arabic.dds
WhiteFlag=0
CivType=CIVILIZATION_MA_TENG

Awesome, cheers. I just sort of assumed that WB save files would be compiled, not just Python.

Is there a way to edit the file so that the civ are hardcoded but the leaders aren't? So the player could choose and the AI would be random (unless the player chose in Custom Scenario).

Hello,

can anybody explain me why do I get these graphical errors :

(in the first screenshot a Tuntian Axeman is pink and in the second screenshot a Quinshu is not a Qunihsu but an Axeman.

This graphical errors only appear when a unit is idle. As soon as I activate the unit they get the right image.

Attachments

• Pinky Axeman0000.JPG
    Pinky Axeman0000.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 99
  • Axeman Qinshu0000.JPG
    Axeman Qinshu0000.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 86
Anyone know why there are only a couple of belief holy cities about? I figured adding the rest in would give another group of 'must have' cities. Also, setting the holy cities beforehand would stop things like super cities becoming holy cities, which is just overpowered.

Wu Wei is OK in the large map, in the small and huge maps there's absolutely no rivers and lots of desert so it can't really grow that big for producing those units. Chang An is much better for experienced units.

Aww, I dunno. After swapping Ma Teng for Ma Chao in the scenario, Wu Wei was popping Level 7 cavalry every 3 turns on Marathon, with Blitz and Defensive bonuses. Was a bit overpowered, but still fun :p

Top Bottom