1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

COTM 113 Greece - 1st Spoiler - End of Ancient Times

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

This thread is for your reports of events and progress in COTM 113 Greece up to the date where you are able to research a Medieval tech.

Do not read or post in this thread until you meet this condition. You may reveal Medieval bonus techs from the end of the last Ancient turn and discuss your plans for continuing the game.

Please do not post information here relating to later dates, and please only post maps of your home area and no minimaps.

2. denyd

denyd Emperor

Quite far along with this one (Industrial Age) and I'll have a proper write up later on, but did anyone else have this happen:

3350 BC - The Mayans have been destroyed !!!

Not destroyed by someone, but just destroyed. I'm guessing that their settler wandered around until he met a barbarian who killed him.

3. bbrady413

bbrady413 Chieftain

It didn't happen in my game, but from what I've seen, they're settled in some pretty sad looking terrain.

My game is going alright. My REX phase was stifled by a stupid war with the Persians and Mongols in the west, and raging barbarians in the east. I was still able to expand into some nice productive territory, but I'm going to have to clean up some Persian cities to the east of me. They're mostly in mountainous, useless terrain though.

The game is moving well though. I'm slightly behind the Persians in the tech race, but I did get the Great Library, so I've been able to keep the science slider at zero and keep my treasury full and cities happy. For right now I think I'm going for a 20k victory with Athens, but this may change to a military victory later on when artillery appears.

4. Lord AJ

Lord AJ The Quartermaster

Nothing happened to the mayans in my game and they are still around.
    This is my first COTM and I think its going quite well. I doubt though if I'll Finish in time. I think I was a bit late in sending galleys and curraghs for exploration which hurt my tech pace but in the beginning I was planning a Conquest or domination. Now I'm thinking I'll go for spaceship, diplo or cultural (if it comes earlier) .

5. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

afaik this can only mean that they settled next to a vulcano that erupted and destroyed their only town.

the AI always settles on the first turn.

t_x