1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

COTM 14 Results & Congratulations

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by ainwood, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

Karasu set another interesting and challenging Conquests game for COTM-14, in which a seemingly powerful starting location was uncomfortably close to an agressive Bismark - there was more than one player who found themselves over-run within only a few turns.

The archapelago map didn't stop the elite from turning-in some very fast conquest and domination victories. Hendrikszoon calimed his fourth gold medal with another conquest victory. He wasn't the fastest though - that honour went to Dynamic; 3 turns faster, but over 500 points behind overall. In third place, Lord Hamster picked-up his first medal and first award as he submitted the fastest domination victory.

Summary of Medal Winners:

hendrikszoon: 320 AD Conquest Victory, 12,368 points.

Dynamic: 290 AD Conquest Victory, 11,838 points.

Lord Hamster: 370 AD Domination Victory, 11,803 points.

2. ainwood

Other Award Winners:

DaveMcW: 1345 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 10,845 points.

MiniMe: 730 AD Diplomatic Victory, 10,186 points.

Kuningas: 1530 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 10,007 points.

leopalas: 1345 AD Spaceship Victory, 8,635 points.

Vox[SU]: 2050 AD Histographic Victory, 8,138 points.

3. ainwood

SpiffyKeen7744: 1330 AD Conquest Victory, 8,844 points.

Jonathanvaljean: 1870 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 5,271 points.

Jonesy10: 1896 AD Diplomatic Victory, 4,211 points.

lexxan: 1987 AD Domination Victory, 2,890 points.

great beyond: 1948 AD Spaceship Loss, 2,370 points.

swanny: 1993 AD Spaceship Victory, 2,099 points.

redlead: 2011 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 1,948 points.

Nata: 3200 BC Conquest Loss, 58 points.

>> See the full results here.
    >> See the QSC results here.
    >> See the updated global rankings here.
    >> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.

4. Durkz

Durkz Offline

congrats to the winners
    i didnt managed to finish this one and i f finished i wouldnt be in the first 15 either. great scores guys :goodjob:

5. leopalas

leopalas Chieftain

Congrats everybody. A special mention to Dave of course, and for the expected Diplo victory of MiniMe. A great date for Kuningas also, well done. As for me i got rid of Spaceship, something that i wont pursue anytime soon again. The Jason sucked however :( , i have to improve my early milking abilities. I tend to focus only on the finish date and forget about early territory and pop development. Anyway, its very nice to get my first COTM award :)

6. Jove

Jove Not Lacking Altitude

Congrats to DaveMcW on a great date for such a tough map. I doubt I'd have kept up even if my game hadn't tanked early on.

Congrats to Hedrickszoon and Dynamic- you guys (along with Klarius) have taken the gold medal race to another level. I can't express how impressed I am!

7. WetSawdustDemon

WetSawdustDemon Warlord

Well done Kuningas! all I can say is that I hope you're not going for a 20K win this month! 1530AD must be pretty close to the fastest time possible.

8. Battle King

Battle King Chieftain

Congrats everybody :)

9. Vox[SU]

Vox[SU] Chieftain

Congratulations to winners! Fantastic (for me) dates!
    Especially thanks to Dynamic and Hamster! Go on - the goal is closer and closer! :)
    (sorry, can't resist - they'll understand what i mean :)).

Also, I extremely happy taking the award :). My first -and I hope not last :).
    At 960 I can won by conquest or domination. But somehow I thought - "Why I can't do some milking?". It was rather a strange decision - I hate a long games, and I never was good in milking. I simply can't stand five hundred turns of micromanagement. So I irrigated everything, built markets and hostpitals, automated all workers. Then I took my small bottle of deodorant and put it on the 'enter' key - and went sleep. :p Three hours later the game was made.
    19 hours for 540 turns - not bad I think. ;)
    And now I've got a cow!
    I realize it's only fortune - thanks to other players, they didn't choose milking. But it doesn't matter - I'm absolutely delighted with the game! :)

10. MeteorPunch

MeteorPunch #WINNING Supporter

haha. putting deoderant on the enter key for the milking turns...that belongs in the strategy & tips section. :lol:

Congrats to all the winners, players, and staff.

11. JonathanValjean

JonathanValjean Porschephile

Congratulations to all for many outstanding games, especially to DaveMcW! I received my first award, a lowest scoring 100K victory shield. Of course, one day, I would like to be in the position of the man who won via 100K in 1345AD... Wow! :goodjob:

12. MiniMe

MiniMe For Glory

Congrats to all winners. Especially hendrikszoon and Dynamic for their impressive conquests. Special nod to A'AbarachAmadan who was up there with them regarding finish date, only beaten by Dynamic.

13. civ_steve

civ_steve Deity Retired Moderator GOTM Staff

I don't actively seek the Shield awards, but thought I'd probably get the 20K one playing my OCC this month. Imagine my surprise when 2 players got lower scores! Not easy to do; in my game I estimate the Vikings would have launched by the early 1800's so getting the lower score would require slowing down the AI considerably while maintaining a small empire (but you can't get smaller than one city :D ).

Playing Archipelago must present a green light to the Conquest/Domination players! Just look at the impressive scores and games submitted. Congratulations to the Winners, and :goodjob: to all participants.

14. GrandMatt

GrandMatt Warlord

One city was very impressive, congrats again

15. berserks01

berserks01 Obviously Very Confused

:wow: I actually made the top 20 with my QSC!! Unbelievable :eek:

Are you sure there's not mistake somewhere? :hmm:

Anyhow, congrats to all the winners!!! :goodjob:

16. TyranusBonehead

TyranusBonehead Bound & Determined

Congrats to the winners....alas, I was not one of them. This was a tough game, Germany was very aggressive right at the start. It was everything I could do to survive at all after the initial attack. Anyways, hats off to the experts!

:hatsoff: :clap: :worship:

17. Drazek

Drazek Warlord

Congrats for great results. But I'm disapointted myself, second time losing diplo win by only few turns (770 vs 730). I was ahead before IA but that IA was a disaster.

18. DBear

DBear unbeliever

Was I the only one who managed to keep Germany non-hostile all game? Seems like everyone else either killed them or got killed by them.

19. MiniMe

MiniMe For Glory

Sorry about that Drazek (well, not really :p ). As revenge you will no doubt crush my conquest date in GOTM45!

20. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

I didnt kill them or be killed by them. :D but at the end spain, germany, sumeria and babylon all had control of their starting continent