COTM 14 Results & Congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
Karasu set another interesting and challenging Conquests game for COTM-14, in which a seemingly powerful starting location was uncomfortably close to an agressive Bismark - there was more than one player who found themselves over-run within only a few turns.

The archapelago map didn't stop the elite from turning-in some very fast conquest and domination victories. Hendrikszoon calimed his fourth gold medal with another conquest victory. He wasn't the fastest though - that honour went to Dynamic; 3 turns faster, but over 500 points behind overall. In third place, Lord Hamster picked-up his first medal and first award as he submitted the fastest domination victory.

Summary of Medal Winners:

hendrikszoon: 320 AD Conquest Victory, 12,368 points.

Dynamic: 290 AD Conquest Victory, 11,838 points.

Lord Hamster: 370 AD Domination Victory, 11,803 points.

Other Award Winners:

DaveMcW: 1345 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 10,845 points.

MiniMe: 730 AD Diplomatic Victory, 10,186 points.

Kuningas: 1530 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 10,007 points.

leopalas: 1345 AD Spaceship Victory, 8,635 points.

Vox[SU]: 2050 AD Histographic Victory, 8,138 points.

SpiffyKeen7744: 1330 AD Conquest Victory, 8,844 points.

Jonathanvaljean: 1870 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 5,271 points.

Jonesy10: 1896 AD Diplomatic Victory, 4,211 points.

lexxan: 1987 AD Domination Victory, 2,890 points.

great beyond: 1948 AD Spaceship Loss, 2,370 points.

swanny: 1993 AD Spaceship Victory, 2,099 points.

redlead: 2011 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 1,948 points.

Nata: 3200 BC Conquest Loss, 58 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the QSC results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.

congrats to the winners
i didnt managed to finish this one and i f finished i wouldnt be in the first 15 either. great scores guys :goodjob:

Congrats everybody. A special mention to Dave of course, and for the expected Diplo victory of MiniMe. A great date for Kuningas also, well done. As for me i got rid of Spaceship, something that i wont pursue anytime soon again. The Jason sucked however :( , i have to improve my early milking abilities. I tend to focus only on the finish date and forget about early territory and pop development. Anyway, its very nice to get my first COTM award :)

Congrats to DaveMcW on a great date for such a tough map. I doubt I'd have kept up even if my game hadn't tanked early on.

Congrats to Hedrickszoon and Dynamic- you guys (along with Klarius) have taken the gold medal race to another level. I can't express how impressed I am!

Congratulations to winners! Fantastic (for me) dates!
Especially thanks to Dynamic and Hamster! Go on - the goal is closer and closer! :)
(sorry, can't resist - they'll understand what i mean :)).

Also, I extremely happy taking the award :). My first -and I hope not last :).
At 960 I can won by conquest or domination. But somehow I thought - "Why I can't do some milking?". It was rather a strange decision - I hate a long games, and I never was good in milking. I simply can't stand five hundred turns of micromanagement. So I irrigated everything, built markets and hostpitals, automated all workers. Then I took my small bottle of deodorant and put it on the 'enter' key - and went sleep. :p Three hours later the game was made.
19 hours for 540 turns - not bad I think. ;)
And now I've got a cow!
I realize it's only fortune - thanks to other players, they didn't choose milking. But it doesn't matter - I'm absolutely delighted with the game! :)

haha. putting deoderant on the enter key for the milking turns...that belongs in the strategy & tips section. :lol:

Congrats to all the winners, players, and staff.

Congratulations to all for many outstanding games, especially to DaveMcW! I received my first award, a lowest scoring 100K victory shield. Of course, one day, I would like to be in the position of the man who won via 100K in 1345AD... Wow! :goodjob:

Congrats to all winners. Especially hendrikszoon and Dynamic for their impressive conquests. Special nod to A'AbarachAmadan who was up there with them regarding finish date, only beaten by Dynamic.

I don't actively seek the Shield awards, but thought I'd probably get the 20K one playing my OCC this month. Imagine my surprise when 2 players got lower scores! Not easy to do; in my game I estimate the Vikings would have launched by the early 1800's so getting the lower score would require slowing down the AI considerably while maintaining a small empire (but you can't get smaller than one city :D ).

Playing Archipelago must present a green light to the Conquest/Domination players! Just look at the impressive scores and games submitted. Congratulations to the Winners, and :goodjob: to all participants.

:wow: I actually made the top 20 with my QSC!! Unbelievable :eek:

Are you sure there's not mistake somewhere? :hmm:

Anyhow, congrats to all the winners!!! :goodjob:

Congrats to the winners....alas, I was not one of them. This was a tough game, Germany was very aggressive right at the start. It was everything I could do to survive at all after the initial attack. Anyways, hats off to the experts!

:hatsoff: :clap: :worship:

Congrats for great results. But I'm disapointted myself, second time losing diplo win by only few turns (770 vs 730). I was ahead before IA but that IA was a disaster.

Was I the only one who managed to keep Germany non-hostile all game? Seems like everyone else either killed them or got killed by them.

Drazek said:
Congrats for great results. But I'm disapointted myself, second time losing diplo win by only few turns (770 vs 730). I was ahead before IA but that IA was a disaster.

Sorry about that Drazek (well, not really :p ). As revenge you will no doubt crush my conquest date in GOTM45!

DBear said:
Was I the only one who managed to keep Germany non-hostile all game? Seems like everyone else either killed them or got killed by them.

I didnt kill them or be killed by them. :D but at the end spain, germany, sumeria and babylon all had control of their starting continent

Top Bottom