COTM 15 Results & Congatulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator

COTM 15 Results & Congratulations!

Sorry these are late - I was away on business, and have been struggling to catch-up ever since.

C3C COTM 15:

Karasu's reputation for setting tough games took a king-hit this month, as the number of players scoring Jason's of over 10,000 hit 46! :eek: Not only that, this game has the highest Jason score recorded since this methodology was adopted - and guess what? It went to a Cultural 100k Victory!

Kuningas was the winner, finishing a stunning Cultural 100k victory in only 850 AD. He showed the power of feudalism in whipping cathedrals, libraries and Colosseums -
Kuningas said:
Feudal lord 270AD - 850AD
Feudalism is wonderful. Feudalism is all what is needed for 100k. With that cultural whipping can begin hundreds years earlier. In only 30 turns I did whip >200 Cathedrals, >200 Libraries and >100 Colosseum's!!! Thus I was a slacker in that, I ordered governors and used F1 screen. On F1 screen sort along population and go to size 5 cities to rush Library/Cathedral and size 7 cities to rush Colosseum. I wonder how good the date can be with extreme MM. to
tIntentionally I didn't rush all possible Colosseum's due deficit problems may be lost 1-2 turns from win date.

A great effort!

In any other game, Hendrickszoon's 820 AD conquest would probably have been good enough for a gold medal as well, as he scored 12,722 points at the finish in 820 AD. Relatively slow by conquest standards, but he did show what can be achieved when expansion and base-score is balanced against a slower win date.

In third place, MiniMe a;sp scored above 12,000 Jason points with a lightening-fast domination victory. One of 3 people to score a domination victory whilst still in the "BCs", MiniMe got 12,190 points and beat the competition by a good 8 turns.

Summary of Medal Winners:

kuningas: 850 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 13,130 points.

hendrikszoon: 820 AD Conquest Victory, 12,772 points.

MiniMe: 110 BC Domination Victory, 12,190 points.

Other Award Winners:

Mark Cutt: 10 AD Conquest Victory, 12,131 points.

leopalas: 2050 AD Histographic Victory, 10,692 points.

Green Light: 820 AD Diplomatic Victory, 10,561 points.

A'AbarachAmadan: 1170 AD Spaceship Victory, 9,663 points.

Lord Hamster: 1460 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 9,147 points.

ballywog: 1435 AD Conquest Victory, 7,806 points.

Salte: 1690 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 7,141 points.

Maharaja: 1786 AD Diplomatic Victory, 4,242 points.

niconnors: 2001 AD Domination Victory, 3,087 points.

the wiz: 1886 AD Spaceship Victory, 2,756 points.

clements: 1906 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 2,495 points.

deadloss: 1020 AD Conquest Loss, 775 points.

HeadBlend: 90 AD Conquest Loss, 239 points.

>> See the full results here.
>> See the QSC results here.
>> See the updated global rankings here.
>> See the latest Pantheon of Heroes here.

Over-all, a fantastic set of games played by all! Let's hope in Karasu's next games he isn't so generous!

Well done everyone, Kuningas in particular. And of course all of the many, many, 20K participants, all of whom seem to have been usurped by a "silent assassin" - at least I don't recall seeing any spoilers from Lord Hamster? :goodjob: to everyone of course.

Oh man what a competition. Tons of extremely well played and horribly high scoring games. I'm in awe. :worship::worship:

Special congrats to Lord Hamster for crushing my 20K date. I know how Niklas and Shigella must have felt in the latest GOTM.

And of course a special congrats to GOTM-AI; 2 down, 147 to go.

BTW.
Moderator Action: Thanks for the heads-up on the duplicate entries - I've fixed it now.

Congratulations to all, especially to Kuningas, for his record-shattering performance! As the 100K has traditionally been my preferred victory type, his remarkable achievement impacts me even more. :goodjob:

Eldar,

Yes, Lord Hamster did come out of nowhere with that impressive cultural 20K, didn't he! Very nice job, indeed.

Oooow! and there was me thinking we'd have a two way tie for the 20K award, well done Lord Hamster, 1460AD is almost too good, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to compete with that. This COTM had some of the best dates and scores I've seen in quite some time, well done everyone!

Congrats to GOTM-AI for his conquest loss! Bwahahaha! :D With a mouth that big you'd think he could play - maybe next time... :nya: :nya: :nya:

Also congrats to the fast domination/conquest folk.

Congrats too all who mustered the courage of another COTM. Especially want to grat Kuningas who's 100k win will affect COTMs to come. Always exciting to see a new strategy take hold.

pindicator said:
Congrats too all who mustered the courage of another COTM. Especially want to grat Kuningas who's 100k win will affect COTMs to come. Always exciting to see a new strategy take hold.
Yep definitely. It may only get beat if we have a SCI or AGR civ on a Pangaea.

Nice to see my best Jason score to date get blown to smithereens by the competition. Serious! I don't mind being shown how its done when the scores are like this. Congrats to the top players!

DANG! one of only 5 players (well 4 and GOTM-AI) to submit a loss and I don't even get a sheild for it.

The 2 City challenge went terribly wrong and I thought I might get a consolation prize for lowest scoring loss. thanks Headblend! :)

Was a pity really considering I did most of the work eliminating most of the players only to lose to culture!

Oh congrats to Mini me for an utterly ridiculous date!

Congrats to A'AbarachAmadan for ONLY needing one more victory type to get the Eptahlon. I suspect he will be in the race for fastest Zulu Conquest.

Too bad for Redbad, would really have liked to see him claim the award.
EDIT: Very impressive date from Hamster!

I observe I am into my short moment of glory on the Global Ranking. We all know its not going to stay like that of course, but at least it means I saw it ONCE :cool:

Hey , wow!

My first COTM game and I got an award! Lowest scoring defeat.

I haven't played much at Monarch level yet but thought I was ready for this.

I got dogpiled at an inconvenient time and could not recover. Still, ready for the next one!

7Losses said:
The 2 City challenge went terribly wrong and I thought I might get a consolation prize for lowest scoring loss. thanks Headblend! :)

No problem! :blush:

Of course some others may have scored lower and not bothered to submit the save....

MiniMe said:
Congrats to A'AbarachAmadan for ONLY needing one more victory type to get the Eptahlon. I suspect he will be in the race for fastest Zulu Conquest.

Too bad for Redbad, would really have liked to see him claim the award.

I observe I am into my short moment of glory on the Global Ranking. We all know its not going to stay like that of course, but at least it means I saw it ONCE :cool:

I second your congratulations to A'AbarachAmadan! He is a class act, and I wish him luck as he pushes to garner his first Eptathalon. :)

Also, I would like to congratulate you on your being the number one ranked player globally. Félicitations! :goodjob:

Congrats to everyone. Fantastic game Kuningas :worship: Also i thought Hendikszoon's game is a master display of milking it to the last drop. It would have been a just gold medal as well. As for me, as i got to the domination limit in early ADs i thought i would give the Cow a try. Thankfully i succeded :) as this not only costed me Gotm46, wich i wasnt able to submit, but also was such a boring experience. Eventually i made some really sloppy mistakes. Again, great games!!! 10AD Conquests, BC Dominations, 9th century Diplo :crazyeye: ...

Wow! Congrat to kuningas for an increadible game. New way for me to go after 100K. Wonder if the technique will work in conquest games. ;) Also congrat to the other top winners, especially hendrikszoon and MiniMe. Nothing like scrolling, and scrolling, and scrolling to finally see a 9+K game.

MiniMe said:

Thanks and yep, I'll be going for it. When I get beat, I hope it is by a least a dozen turns. It is frustrating to get beat by 1-2, which has happened to me in conquest quests twice. :(

Top Bottom