1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

COTM122 Mongols Monarch - Pre-Game Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

COTM122 Temujin of the Mongols Monarch

In the 122th Conquests Game of the Month you will rule as Temujin over the Mongols, who are Expansionist and Militaristic. You start the game with the knowledge of Pottery and Warrior Code. Your unique unit is the Keshik, a kind of Knight which is slightly cheaper, slightly more vulnerable and which treats Hills and Mountains as if they were flatland.

The normal changes to the Conquests rules apply to this game: Iron locations are fixed, and Workers insted of Settlers can be popped from Goody Huts. In addition to this, the following changes have been made to terrain causing Disease in order to limit the impact of chance on the competition:
    • Flood Plains do not cause Disease
    • Jungles and Wetland have their Disease level lowered from 50% to 25%
    • Knowledge of Sanitation cancels Disease in Jungles and Wetlands

Starting Location

Scope of the Game

Column 1 Column 2
    Civilization Mongols
    Difficulty Monarch
    Map size Standard
    Map topology Pangaea
    Rivals Seven pre-selected
    Barbarians Raging
    Required victory condition None

Submissions are due by June 8th, 2016.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE!

Attached Files:

2. denyd

denyd Emperor

Ok, I'll be the first ... scout S-S to the mountain, then worker E to the ivory to road & irrigate, then settle in place start a granary (though that might change depending on what the scout finds). Research will be Alphabet to Writing then to the Republic slingshot ... being a generally peaceful person puts me at odds with the normal Mongol philosophy, so while I will use the AC (s/b able to win the race to Mathematics) & horsemen/swordsmen to conquer my local neighbors. My long range plan will be either spaceship or UN (or maybe a cow if terrain is favorable). I find myself 300-500 years behind the usual military wins, so it seems a road not to be taken.