1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] COTM129 Persia Emperor - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

This is the thread where you tell us how you did - win, lose or retire.

Only read or post in this thread when your game is ended and successfully submitted.

2. supersova_SU

supersova_SU Warlord

Domination : 670 AD
    Firaxis score: 8703
    Jason score: 10926
    Time played: 19:22:39

Spoonwood likes this.
  3. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Space Victory in 1285 AD. The turn before my victory, the Russians sneak attacked me, even though we had a mutual protection pact! They got the two nukes that I had built when I was bored... :D
    -- And then the Germans declared war too... So the last turn of the game became quite busy in the end... :rolleyes: At a time when I was resolved to only "click through" to the finish line -- oh well...

What is this supposed to mean?

Austria.png

(He is trying to give me the boot...)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Spoonwood likes this.
  4. Scratcher

Scratcher Emperor

I just couldn't really get going in this game. I didn't want to war against Greek Hoplites and Roman Legions with horses, so chose to use Immortals but the battles were long and slow with the one tile movement immortal. Also WW became a problem with many units in enemy territory and losses to the hoplites / legions. I was sneak attacked by the Germans, the Indians and later the Russians, when my units were far away at war somewhere else.

I had no luck finding the other continent with 20+ vessels all going to the bottom of the ocean. I only made contact at the end of the MA when magnetism was completed.

I submitted an incomplete game in 1000ad when I had populated the entire continent, and the reachable islands. I was at war with Russia and was just about to start the tedious chore of shipping of units to the other continent. I ran out of time and couldn't finish the required war and settlement of the other continent to trigger a domination victory.

Scratcher

5. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

Wow! Nice bug!

6. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

I. Larkin:

I see that you had some explorers in the final save for your game. Did they play into your strategy in any way?

7. I. Larkin

I. Larkin Deity

Yes, they did some pillage, and block "friends" at RoP

Spoonwood likes this.