1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] COTM130 England Demigod - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

This is the thread where you tell us how you did - win, lose or retire.

Only read or post in this thread when your game is ended and successfully submitted.

It seems I have made a mistake when designing this game. As I added the lethal bombardment abilities, I happened to remove that other important abitity of the Man-O-War to trigger the Golden Age. I can blame only my inexperience with the Editor and ask your forgiveness. Some of you will have triggered the Golden Age with Wonders, and the rest of you will have suffered an unfair disadvantage. Sorry!

How did Democracy work out as default Government? Were you able to make war at all in a useful way? Were you helped by the increased Worker industriousness?

2. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

I had thought of playing this out for a histographic game, but I had played such that I researched a bunch of techs without libraries, and I've had another challenge interest me more. So, I submitted an incomplete game.

I retired at 130 AD. Italy had declared war on the Germans and I had started amassing some knights and managed to take Leipzig and was starting to build up/arrange my forces to take Berlin.

3. Paul#42

Paul#42 flyball chaser

First C3C game since when - 2012?
    I didn't take any notes because I did not think I would make it in time.
    Sloppy gameplay and I had to re-learn and remember the basics - the hard way at times.
    I did not even realize I tried for the democrazy sling shot - and was beaten by the dutch by a turn. Should have gone the monarchy way anyway...
    I had to build some useless wonder (sistines) to trigger my ga in 720 AD after I had taken all those juicy wonders from Germany - way to late to have a big impact.
    I conquered the world with knights.

But faithfully milking to the end brought a decent jason score I guess.

Was a fun game, thanks to the staff!

Your name: Paul#42
    Entry class: Open
    Game status: Domination Victory for England
    Game date: 980 AD
    Firaxis score: 9905
    Jason score: 10537
    Time played: 28:53:39

Spoonwood likes this.
  4. Cotta

Cotta Warlord

Game date: 860 AD
    Firaxis score: 10373
    Jason score: 10821

Netherlands built the Great Lighthouse (for me...:smug:). I captured it and built Knight's Templar in London 270bc, so I triggered the GA with one of the cheapest WW afterwards. Could have been a little bit earlier but it was okay.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Spoonwood likes this.
  5. supersova_SU

supersova_SU Warlord

Game date: 890 AD
    Firaxis score: 9508
    Jason score: 10247
    Time played: 40:50:59