1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] COTM132 Inca Regent - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

This is the thread where you tell us how you did - win, lose or retire.

Only read or post in this thread when your game is ended and successfully submitted.

2. Scratcher

Scratcher Emperor

Domination victory 780ad
    Firaxis 5626
    Jason 10322

I researched as quickly as possible for navigation, then Chivalry (for knights), then Military Tradition( for cavs). Then research was set to 0% and research was done by scientists. At the end of the game I was 2 turns from entering the IA.

India was already toast at the beginning of the MA, and I took my time to finish them off while settling the continent. Once I completed Navigation and had safe passage to the other continent I was ready to ship knights and settlers to attack the Mongols. After the Mongols were pushed right back, I had cavs to take out the French, and the majority of the Dutch.

I couldn't believe how badly the AI played, hardly producing any advanced units. On my continent, Portugal produced one swordsman, and China and India only Spears / Archers / Warriors. The Mongols were no better, the French mustered maybe 3 horsemen, and only the Dutch put up any resistance with a dozen or so Swiss Mercs.

Scratcher

3. Paul#42

Paul#42 flyball chaser

Conquest Victory 600 AD
    Firaxis score: 6046
    Jason score: 10834
    Time played: 15:25:51

I went for Republic sling shot and then chivalry, spitting out settlers and horses. Then I made money for upgrades.

By the time I had conquered our starting continent I realised I'd need either navigation or The Lighthouse to conquer the world.
    Needing the commerce for upgrades I built TGH in a 10-13spt town, it took awfully long. Emassing horses while waiting for TGH I also built Leos. And ToA to fill the spaces and prevent flips.

Some 70 horses waited for upgrade and shipping, 3500g total in my bank :eek: - I had even built markets in my core towns.
    I was extremely lucky leader fishing, the first elite battle got me one, I rushed FP in a core town by the flood plains for a 1-turn-worker factory in the GA.
    I researched engineering (to cross rivers more quickly) and invention (for Leos).

Then, 300 AD(?) with ten knights in range I dowed the Dutch who where about to get their UU (I had to fight a single one) and allied everbody else. Then I blitzed the Mayas and finally French and Mongols at once. :hammer:
    All captured and rushed workers built roads, even in swamp and jungle.
    Getting knights over was easy, I had also some 30 ships. I stopped ship-chaining due to time trouble (real life struck), set ships on automove and had a decent stream of knights (8 per turn) joining the battle fields.
    I rushed temples and settlers to fill the gaps and was close to domination limit when the final towns where captured.

It was a fun game and at times I even managed to focus on my goals (which is unusual).

4. supersova_SU

supersova_SU Warlord

Domination
    Game date: 640 AD
    Firaxis score: 5687
    Jason score: 10496