[C3C] COTM132 Inca Regent - Pre-Game Discussion

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
COTM132 Pachacuti of the Inca

You will rule as Sapa-Inca Pachacuti over the Inca, who are Expansionist and Agricultural. You start the game with the knowledge of Masonry and Pottery. Your unique unit is the Chasqui Scout, a fast and powerful replacement for the Scout.

gotm_132_illu.jpg

The game plays on a continents map with 40% land area. There are seven sensibly selected opponents. This is your starting location:

gotm_132_start.jpg

The normal changes to the Conquests rules apply to this game: Iron
locations are fixed, and Workers insted of Settlers can be popped from
Goody Huts. In addition to this, the following changes have been made
to terrain causing Disease in order to limit the impact of chance on
the competition:

• Flood Plains do not cause Disease
  • Jungles and Wetland have their Disease level lowered from 50% to 25%
  • Knowledge of Sanitation cancels Disease in Jungles and Wetlands

Scope of the Game

Civilization: Inca
Difficulty: Regent
Map size: Normal
Map topology: Continents
Rivals: Seven
Barbarians: Roaming
Required victory condition: None

Submissions are due by 2 Aug, 2017.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE!

After the game is released on 21 June, or later, the start file will
be available here.

That's a pretty good starting location for Regent: fresh water and being agricultural means the city center gives 3 food, the fish in the lake gives another 3, so we are already at +4fpt. Use the scout for looking around a bit. If we can find another food bonus close by, we would have enough food for a 4-turner?!

Does sensibly selected mean that our continent has American neighbors and the other continent is Europeans?

I noticed something strange: the Chasqui Scout has defense value 1, but when it met a barbarian, the barb simply destroyed it like an ordinary Scout?! There was no fight! How can that be? Another bug in our biq?

Now I am worried: if the Chasqui in our game cannot fight, can it trigger the GA? Or do we have a similar problem as with the English Man-Of-War?

I've looked in the editor and found nothing wrong. I also didn't edit the Chasqui Scout at all, as I did the Man-O-War.

Did you turn animations off?

Movement animations I usually turn off to speed up the game, but combat animations ("Animate Battles") I keep on, precisely for that reason: so as to not miss any fights. Also I remember seeing a an animation similar to what you see, when a non-combat unit (worker/settler/scout) is being killed by a barbarian, and a message like "our unit was ambushed by the Phrygians" or whatever being printed on the screen. If a combat unit is attacked by the barbs, no such message is printed, right?!
So I'm pretty sure that no fight between the Chasqui and the barb took place. Perhaps you can run a little test game and run around with a few Chasquis until you run into a barb?! (And also check, whether the GA can be triggered, once you meet the first AI?!)

Hi I'm new. I'll be participating in this this month. I usually play at regent/monarch; it'll be nice to see how I stack up against good players

Hi I'm new. I'll be participating in this this month. I usually play at regent/monarch; it'll be nice to see how I stack up against good players
Hi Jarred well it looks like 1 maybe 2(I'm the 1 for sure), Newbs,N00bs, (what do the kiddies say nowadays?) will be playing this months challenge.

Personally I'll be going for a Conquest/Domination and since I've only VERY recently moved to Regent I'll just be happy to win.

Good Luck(HAHA like most of you need it) to all.

Hi, after nearly 5 years of absence i´m returning to this game, i remember you Lanzelot, are there still anyone playing this? The PBEM thread seems sadly dead, how about the multiplayer online games? Do anyone know where people are chating to fix online matches?

Top Bottom