1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] COTM141 Egypt Regent - Spoiler

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

This is the thread where you tell us the whole story of your game and how in the end you did -- win, lose or retire.

Only read or post in this thread when your game is ended and successfully submitted.

2. supersova_SU

supersova_SU Warlord

Domination
    Game date: 580 AD
    Firaxis score: 5821
    Jason score: 10691
    Time played: 18:37:35

3. Paul#42

Paul#42 flyball chaser

Spaceship Victory for Egypt
    Game date: 1440 AD
    Firaxis score: 5908
    Jason score: 9741

4. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Warlord Supporter

The results are long in for this game, but I tried it on my own with a few tactical reloads to help my chances. I tried for a 20k victory, but I chose the wrong location for my city. I did well initially with the MoM, Sistine Chapel, all the low level improvements. Then my lack of shields hamstrung me as I should have known it would.
    WrongSite.jpg
    Next time I try for 20k it will be in the shadow of hills and mountains. Jungleland was my proposed 20k city, and it would have won the game by 2066. About 15 turns short.

5. CKS

CKS Deity

Jungleland would be fine for 20k, but you needed to mine rather than irrigate. 2 cows and 2 mountains, plus another food bonus, sets you up nicely. I don't remember for sure, and clearly I failed by not posting a spoiler, but I expect that I settled in place, putting my 20k town right where yours was. When I get home, I'll check.