1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[C3C] COTM151 Korea, Emperor -- Spoilers

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

COTM151 Korea, Emperor
    korea.jpg

2. Più Freddo

In this game, you will rule over the Koreans, who are Commercial and Scientific and start the game with the knowledge of Alphabet and Bronze Working. This is an Emperor level game with no sponsored victory condition. The Korean unique unit is the hwacha, a cannon with stronger bombardment and with lethal bombardment, plus the ability to promote and even create MGLs*!

This is your starting position:

i added the logical worker move so to add to the pre-game discussion. this move is *not* made in the starting save of the actual game.

Scope of the Game

Map size: standard
    Map topology: continents
    Rivals: 7 pre-selected
    Barbarians: raging
    Required victory condition: None

Since we are living in times of a coronavirus hysteria, a fitting special feature of the game is activated!

*A tip, in case you want to use the hwacha like that: rename each unit to a different name - and add the elite info to the respective name when promoted! For this purpose it also makes sense to build hwachas from towns with barracks.

The game is released on April 1, 2020.
    Submissions are due by June 30, 2020.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE!

Game Release Page

Game release page

Spoiler Limit

Industrial Times or Game Submitted

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching Industrial Time or having submitted the game. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

No spoiler information from after fulfilling the spoiler requirement is allowed!

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  3. Più Freddo

A separate pre-game discussion thread can be found here.

4. Più Freddo

OCN or Size 12

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching the optimal city number, i.e. being allowed to build the Forbidden Palace, or reaching the size 12, in one of your cities, whichever comes earlier.

No spoiler information from after fulfilling the spoiler requirement is allowed!

5. Più Freddo

Middle Ages

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching the Middle Ages. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

6. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Warlord

A history of Korea up to about the middle ages as dictated by our glorious leader:

3400 B.C.
    Tar Valon is sacked by the pugnacious barbarians.

2950 B.C. I settle Blue Ajah and build a Curragh to establish contacts.

825 B.C. I have made contacts and traded knowledge extensively. Babylon declares war, but the conflict is brief and I lose no combatants.

170 B.C. 24 ! Parthian horsemen attack Yellow Ajah. The very last one breaches the walls and sacks the town. The Celts declare war, but again the issue is settled after one minor battle.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  7. Più Freddo

Jack, you went way past the Middle Ages in this spoiler!

8. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Warlord

You're right. I'm sorry.

9. Più Freddo

Industrial Times or Game Submitted

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching Industrial Time or having submitted the game. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

10. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Warlord

So continues the epic tragedy of the Korean people:

900 A.D.
    Global war erupts. Byzantium invades my lands and the Celts and Persia join in declaring war. I get Rome to join me in military alliance and their legionaires swarm to my defense. Noble Romans! This is a serious invasion.

980 A.D. Hordes of Byzantines die on my land beneath Roman swords. Even the Babylonians join in defense after I gave them a tech for military alliance. No serious damage is done and all the enemies pay ME a small fee for peace.

1250 A.D. Babylon is under attack from France and the Celts; they are on the ropes. I opportunistically join in the attack and snag the northern lands on my border up to the mountain range. At least I get some gems out of it.