[C3C] COTM153 Ottomans, Regent -- Spoilers

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
COTM153 Ottomans, Regent
cotm153_illu.jpg

In this game, you will rule over the Ottomans, who are Scientific and Industrious and start the game with the knowledge of Masonry and Bronze Working. This is a Regent-level game with no sponsored victory condition. The Ottoman unique unit is the Sipahi, a Cavalry unit with an extremely strong offensive.

This is your starting position:

Screenshot_153.jpg

Scope of the Game

Map size: normal
Map topology: continents
Rivals: 11 pre-selected
Barbarians: sedentary
Required victory condition: None

The game is released on October 1, 2020.
Submissions are due by December 31, 2020.

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE!

Game Release Page

Game release page

Spoiler Limit

Industrial Times or Game Submitted

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching Industrial Time or having submitted the game. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

No spoiler information from after fulfilling the spoiler requirement is allowed!

(This limit will be changed as the game progesses.)

Last edited:
Nice little four-turner you've got there, Jack. An invitation to a Space Race.

Why is this a space-race? It's a race to sipahis and then slaughter the world, one continent at a time. Once the world is mine, I guess I will build a space ship.
Scientific + industrious + regent = OP

Just my opinion, Bob, just my two cents. I was here posting in my role as normal player, not as organizer. Sorry for the confusion. You and all are free to play whatever mode you want. No victory condition is solicited.

This game was designed by Captain Jack, see Game Schedule, and I am entitled to play. I have not and have not had any advance access to the save.

Sorry for not including the designer name in the game description. (Making note to self.)

I think I'm going to tech to pottery first, chop a granary with a prebuild of barracks
Afterwards I will tech warrior code, because with how crammed this map is (12 total civs on a normal map!) so that I can get ready for some early blood-shed.
With this map can't rely on having iron too close.
I'm going to try to build my second city to the south-west if possible on the river. I'll need to explore the map a bit with warriors.
upload_2020-9-30_11-38-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-30_11-37-23.png
    upload_2020-9-30_11-37-23.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 93
I will likely settle 1N to increase (presumed) coastal build options, and to provide more build choices in the fertile S and SE, A little coastal(?) exploration will dictate second city location. With 11 rivals, I'll guess I'll be on a small continent, or will need to conquer one or more rivals on a larger continent. In either case, I don't see 4-turner all that helpful.

and walking away from the food seems more helpful to you? ;)
t_x

it even takes away the food bonus forever.
t_x

Last edited:
am playing , am a slow player , thrashed one opponent entirely between 1600 and 1700 , said ı was a slow player . lnspired by it being Regent , ı hate losing , ı save and reload a lot of times . ı had a game before , ı understand save and reload will not be rated . So , in the first turn , without moving anything ı checked my other games to fix the preferences , that irritating circle under the units ... And ı got out of the game late at night without finishing the turn and loaded next day from the autosave . ls it eligible to be rated by CFC ?

Upon victory, the game crashes because some "austria" related file is missing.

Top Bottom