[C3C] COTM156 Netherlands Demigod -- Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Jun 27, 2021.

1. templar_x

templar_x usually walks his talks

ok, now i get it! ;)
    i did not mean to doubt your motives, only tried to understand the "of course" bit of the action.
    but couldn´t you have rushed/finished the settler the same turn already with all the shields into it?

t_x

2. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Warlord Supporter

How can you make the palace jump in this way? I am missing something in the whole palace-jump caper.

3. templar_x

you can either disband the capital by rightclicking the city tile and choosing the Disband Town option (I think this is what it is called, right?). or you build a worker at size 1, or a settler at 1 or 2 (without a food surplus in the town an that moment). that also does the job, but you have to wait for the production cycle on IBT, but you gain a pop unit that way. ;)
    t_x

4. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

Well, I guess you are right, I could have considered how other people may play and left out the "of course". But this was my spoiler coloured by my habits and mistakes.

[rant]I suppose it might have been possible to move Warriors around and actually wind up with one or two (can't remember shield production rate in Amsterdam at the time) to spare for disbanding without causing civil unrest. But that is not how I usually play, and I play this game for entertainment and leisure and have, I must admit, stopped learning and improving much. It is enough these days to manage IRL with its everyday complete lunacy and repression based on ludicrous fantasies, clowns calling themselves journalists and politicians and fact checkers and community guideline overlord nitwits overruling acutal experts, practitioners and scientists now in more and more areas. Sorry for my relaxed attitude.[/rant]

I'm only human. I am what I am, I am my own soulful creation. I deal my own deck, sometimes the ace, sometimes the deuces.

templar_x likes this.
  5. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Warlord Supporter

What is IBT please?

6. templar_x

In between turn

i.e., everything that comes after you hit Enter after you´ve moved all of your units, and before you can move units again. ;)

t_x