1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Could anyone please help me with my peaceful SV strategy (as Korea)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by DannyMustardpants, Mar 26, 2019.

1. DannyMustardpants

DannyMustardpants Chieftain

Hi there fellow Civ Fanatics! :king:

Since joining this site I've been inspired to make my Science Victories more efficient.

I play on Immortal/Deity, continents, standard map size. My best victory so far has been at about T260 (I know many players can do under 150 turns) and just wanted to get some general pointers.

This is what I do:

Early Game:

- Beeline Political Philosophy by T50 and Feudalism by T80-90 (I usually branch off to get Recorded History for +8 Seowons first though).

- Settle 10-12 cities by about T100

- I settle on luxuries and sell them to the AI. Most of the time I can afford to buy a monument in every new city and then start working on a Seowon -> library -> university.

Mid Game:

- When I get 5 charge builders with Feudalism I move Magnus around and chop everything. Generally my cities will get to 10 pop and will have libraries and universities.

- Culturally I beeline to Exploration and then to The Enlightenment. Then I go to Ideology and get my government (I usually pick Democracy).

- Scientifically I unlock the Ruhr Valley and Oxford University and usually put them both in my capital with Pingala.

Late Game:

- Then I go to Rocketry and get 2-3 Spaceports (I do this to decrease the last part of the new GS SV).

- I usually don't bother with the government district and so don't have the Royal Society (I know this might be bad).

I'd be very happy with a sub T200 SV but I'm just not really sure what I should be doing. Is my strategy wrong? Or do I simply need to be doing it more efficiently?

One of my biggest questions is regarding districts: I get a Seowon in every city. But what about other districts? I usually get a handful of Commercial Hubs but don't bother with Theatre Squares. Shuould I have my core cities also get CHs and TSs and just Seowons in my other cities?

I'd appreciate any advice you guys could give me! :)

[EDIT]: Oops! This was meant to go into the strategy forum - sorry. Can it be moved there? :confused:

2. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

You definitely need the government district. Free workers from the ancestral hall are good enough to justify it, and those early governer titles are nice too. And royal society shaves off some turns in the later stage.

You need a good number of theatre squares too, for timely policy cards and government unlocks. Not sure about the exact number though.

3. Cherenkov

Cherenkov Chieftain

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. hsj

hsj Chieftain

think royal society is an absolute must have for SVs. every builder charge = 3% completion of a project so if you have some roided up builders (1 from pyramid, 2 from policy, 1 from liang) that's 20% of a project every turn. also like others have already mentioned ancestral hall is critical for early game tempo.

general opinion for pre GS fast science victories is that early culture is more important than science. early books is also important for lump gold. not sure how true that is in GS.

5. DannyMustardpants

DannyMustardpants Chieftain

Okay, thanks a lot for the advice everyone! It seems Ancestral Hall + Royal Society would be a good thing for me to do from now on. I will experiment with getting the AH for the faster settlers and extra builders... The timing of the government district is a bit of a head scratcher though.

Thanks for the thread recommendation as well! I'll have a look...

6. Arilian

Arilian King

Well I just finished a turn 229 SV with korea, and my biggest problem was production.
    I had the exoplanet tech at turn 175, but took me tool long to build everything, as spending 50k gold and 6k faith and running campus project with every city, still could not grant me the scientist who gives 3000 production for space project. Even deity civs are failed to get enough great peope.

I should have left forests to chop but I started with god of the harverst and fith buy workers, and chopped everthing at the beginning.
    Why suggesting Royal Society instead? Is copping not working for space projects anymore?