1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Could CIV steal the warsystem from Warlords?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by joasoze, Jan 8, 2011.

1. joasoze

joasoze Chieftain

Hi ppl

I have seen a few hundred threads about 1up in this and other CIV forums. I am not gonna add to that, but I would like to throw out a crazy idea I had.

I would like to suggest the warsystem from Warlods would be a possibility for CIV. CIV needs a system where there are important choices to make, but also something so elegant that we dont have to go into a seperate tactical screen for every battle (as is done in Kings Bounty, Heroes of Might and Magic and such).

The system i Warlords is as follows.

1. One can put up to 8 units in one stack
    2. A stack can have a hero unit, but doesnt have to.
    3. Hero units gain exp and get stronger as they level up. A hero unit has a strength value of how strong he/she is, but also a command value that adds to the strength of each unit in the stack
    4. Units have a base strength value, but many also have special abilities. For example the ability to make the stack travel faster in hills, +3 in strength when attacking, +1 strength in open terrain, +2 strenght when fighting in city, Elephant gives +1 to the whole army in open terrain (the list just goes on)
    5. You can manually change the fight order of units, and this fight order goes for all your armies
    6. In battle you get a popup with the two armies and they fight one by one (normally from weakest to strongest, but you can change this as mentioned in last point).
    7. Fighting is done by a 20 sided dice and a hit occur if the dice is lower than a units strength.
    8. Each unit has two hitpoints as default
    9. There can also be a critical strike ability that will kill a unit directly

I love this system. Nice, clean and with some randomness. There could be a game option to choose the size of the dice to add or remove randomness.

There is a game that basically is a copy of warlords, and can be played in a browser, but I will not mention its name here. Not sure if its allowed. PM me if interested.

2. Harald

Harald Chieftain

I would say that the Civ version of Warlords combat system is something like the system in CtP*. Overall I like it as long as there are never any types of hero units in civ.

*I will admit that it was quite some time since I played CtP so my memory of it isn't quite clear.

3. HorribleHarald

HorribleHarald Chieftain

"Hero unit" is a Great General in this case I suppose. This system sounds nice for me, I like this more than previous used unit to unit battles, this is stack to stack and this kind of battles may suit well in this type of game.

4. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I'm assuming this isn't referring to Civ4: Warlords, but to another game entirely? :confused:

xUPT (with x being 8 in this suggestions) doesn't solve any problems.

5. joasoze

joasoze Chieftain