[vanilla] Could not get another civ to declare joint war?

Chuma

Warlord
Game level - Cheiftan

I was declared war on by another civ that I was friends with in the game and the other civ I was allied with would not declare war on them. I also could not find any way to get them to do it.

Joint war did come up in the other civs but not against the civ that declared war against me. Strange.

What is the point in being allied if the other civ does not help you out? Had to fight the other civ and a city state by myself. Of course the civ that declares war always wants peace when they are losing. They had previously run all their inquisitors into a wall of mine I had set up blocking them.

In game terms, from memory being an ally allows the option for creating a defensive pacts and research agreements while providing mutual open borders and being unable to DoW each other or denounce each other. Therefore mutual defense is not an automatic function of an alliance.

To get a defensive pact you get an alliance and then ask for a defensive pact which will mean the other party will DoW someone who attacks you or you will DoW someone who attacks them.

Joint war is when two civs DoW another civ at the same time. As you were already at war with the civ who DoW'd you, you cannot DoW them again and thus cannot declare a joint war.

They had previously run all their inquisitors into a wall of mine I had set up blocking them.

kibo_inside.png

Like this?

In game terms, from memory being an ally allows the option for creating a defensive pacts and research agreements while providing mutual open borders and being unable to DoW each other or denounce each other. Therefore mutual defense is not an automatic function of an alliance.

To get a defensive pact you get an alliance and then ask for a defensive pact which will mean the other party will DoW someone who attacks you or you will DoW someone who attacks them.

Joint war is when two civs DoW another civ at the same time. As you were already at war with the civ who DoW'd you, you cannot DoW them again and thus cannot declare a joint war.

I can't get the defensive pacts to come up. Must not have researched something.

Egypt if definitely the CIV to play if you want other civs to like you. Plus make a bunch of money trading.

I moded out Ned Stark doing the intro but it was put back in with the patch? What!

Top Bottom