Could not load module 'bin/vgui2_s.dll'

KIEJ.MANIK

Tlaneloli
So I just got Brave New World and was playing it for a few hours until the game became almost completely unresponsive, I was able to switch between strategic and world view and I was able to save and exit and try to start a new game from the main menu, and fail in that too, so I decided to just get to sleep and hope it works out tommorow, and I come back, try to start it again but kept seeing Could not load module 'bin/vgui2_s.dll' when I tried to load it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9672-LWMF-6128

I found this online although I don't know what the difference is between module 'bin/vgui2_s.dll' and module bin/vgui2.dll, it's probably the same thing, but maybe it isn't.

This sort of stuff confuses me, it tells me one of the solutions is Moving a Steam Installation, it says to go to program files and delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe, but it's not in program files it's in program files(x86)not sure how different that is and it looks like there is important stuff in there.

Does anyone know what the difference is between module 'bin/vgui2_s.dll' and module bin/vgui2.dll? And does anyone know if there is a difference between deleting things in my program files and deleting things in my program files(x86), should I contact steam support specifically about this slightly different error message?

I'd recommend a Steam reinstall.

Other further advice (preemptively): Do NOT, NEVER EVER, google .dll files to download them and plug them in the respective folder, because that's a nearly 100% chance of getting a virus infection.
If a .dll is missing, then it's a problem with a related program and that program then needs to be reinstalled.
But do NOT download a single .dll file from the internet (unless you know the website is absolutely trustworthy).

Top Bottom