Could really use some help

Strijkijzer

Chieftain
Hello everybody,

We are having a problem with a Hot Seat game and hoping somebody can help us.

We are playing ROM a new Dawn latest version autosaves didn't work from the start but the normal save files always worked.

At sometime in the game we got the random event when the meteor hit earth and al food plots goes down to three or something like that.

After that the game kept running normal for 1 of the players but for the other things got messed op in game al unit orders had to be given every turn so we decided to save game an reload.

Now when we try to reload we get the message ``failed to uncompress game data`` and the game crashes back to desktop. We tried on different computers but always with the same out coming.

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this?

All help will be greatly appreciated

With some working we have got the autosave games to work. But then we got to te meteor strike and the game gets messed up again.

Is there a way to make the meteor event not happen in our game?

If you want to prevent an event from ever going off, edit the CIV4EventTriggersInfos.xml file. I would do two things just to make sure that the event never happens.

• Set the <iPercentGamesActive> for the event to 0.
  • Set the iWeight to 0.

I think the first should be enough, but it doesn't hurt to do the second. Buried in the code is a Tsunami event which will destroy a coastal city of less than 6 population or give -5 pop to a city of size 6 or more, but it has iPercentGamesActive and iWeight 0 so it never triggers unless you edit the code yourself to make it happen.

The dark age code is buried in the DLL, so I can't say anything about undoing its effects once it happens.

We have tried that and set both numbers to 0 but the event still happens. Its the one called meteor strike?

We have tried that and set both numbers to 0 but the event still happens. Its the one called meteor strike?

Yes it is. Did you do a recalculation (Ctrl-Shift-T)? That is sometimes necessary to get changes to actually take effect.

Yes the game asked for it after we made the changes but still the event comes back after several turns.

We made the changes like below. Maybe the problems has something to do that we are playing a multiplayer game ?

When we open the save game we will see this regarding to the meteor strike:

EVENT_METEOR_STRIKEýÿÿÿ E Maybe the problem is in here?

<Text>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_METEOR_STRIKE</Text>
<Era>NONE</Era>
</TriggerText>
</TriggerTexts>
<EventArt>Art/EventImages/meteor.dds</EventArt>
<bSinglePlayer>0</bSinglePlayer>
<iPercentGamesActive>0</iPercentGamesActive>
<iWeight>0</iWeight>

Thanks for trying to help.

It seems like you are doing everything right. I don't know why the event would keep going off after you set it to 0, unless that information is stored somewhere else once you have started a game and isn't affected by the code.

There is one other thing you can try to alleviate the event, and that is to remove the Python callback that triggers when the event triggers. This will prevent the dark age from ever occurring.

In Civ4EventInfos.xml, change
Code:
<PythonCallback>applyMeteorStrike1</PythonCallback>

to
Code:
<PythonCallback/>

Pay attention to the slash just before the >. This is how you tell the game that the XML field is blank.

First of all, thnx for the help. Much appreciated!
I've made the changes like you said, but the meteor strike still occurs.
We are playing a hot seat multiplayer game, scenario AND2-GEM-26CivsPreset, maybe it has something to do with that?

And i assume i have to make the changes in the Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn mods file (Beyond the Swordt/Mods/Rise of Mankind -A New Dawn/Assets/XML/Events) right?

Top Bottom